GS1100E project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D&G chassis

Just got off the phone with Dave from D&G chassis and he is making me a 5/8 offset 520 16 tooth sprocket. It was great dealing with him as all other sources i spoke with only made 530&630 offset sprockets
    I would highly recommend him for oddball stuff

Comment

How much? Are you just using the sprocket by itself or adding a bearing support too? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
        Just got off the phone with Dave from D&G chassis and he is making me a 5/8 offset 520 16 tooth sprocket. It was great dealing with him as all other sources i spoke with only made 530&630 offset sprockets
        I would highly recommend him for oddball stuff
        U sure it will fit? Normally 17" conversions have to be 530 at least and most go 520.

I have seen 5/8's offset 630 gears on ebay. here is a 15 tooth.

Comment

sprocket

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          How much? Are you just using the sprocket by itself or adding a bearing support too? Ray.
          85 plus shipping sounded good to me. I was not going to use a bearing support what do you think,I was thinking with the 5/8 offset i should get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            U sure it will fit? Normally 17" conversions have to be 530 at least and most go 520.

I have seen 5/8's offset 630 gears on ebay. here is a 15 tooth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...302010006r3379
            I will be going with the 520 it looks like it should be fine

Comment

I will be going with the 520 it looks like it should be fine
              Sorry some how I read 630 the first time through

Comment

85 plus shipping sounded good to me. I was not going to use a bearing support what do you think,I was thinking with the 5/8 offset i should get away with it
                Sounds like a fair price to me for something that's a custom, one off piece. As far as hanging the sprocket further out from the trans bearing I, PERSONALLY, won't do it without a bearing support. It isn't a whole lot of money for something that will pretty much ELIMINATE trans bearing issues. It also looks pretty cool if you polish, chrome, or powdercoat the plate! Just my take on it but I HAVE seen trans bearing failures & it CAN wreck a set of cases. Ray.

Comment

some progress

fabricated bracket and installed vapour dash ,installed busa switces and front brake master,gsxr750 clutch lever.installed D+G offset sprocket,removed gear position sensor .fabricated rear set mounts.now i just need all my ordered parts to show up .waiting on chain and rear sprocket,gsxr1000 rearsets,rear carbon hugger, new LED signals,alarm/starter and the elusive GSG headlight mount.Tore the whole harness out and started modifying it. I will not be using a key swith it will have a remote starter/alarm to arm the electrics.Sure seems like slow progress but with three kids and a wife it is a juggling act foresure. Would anybody know where i might find a wiring diagram for my 83.I am using one from a 1980 gs 850 which seems pretty close

Comment

looking good

rolled her outside for a couple of pic,s. Aint she sweet

Comment

That IS sweet looking!!! Ray.

Comment

frame work

spent about four hours last night stripping her apart and welding in some bracing.Found a local powdercoating company to blast and coat the frame for 150$ sounded too cheap to me but they appear to do great work so i gave them a try place is called professional powdercoating in Toronto.Dropped off the frame at 8 this morning and picked her up at 2 this afternoon .I was very pleased with the results it was coated with a semi gloss black and looks awesome made sure i put old bolts in all the holes to avoid problems.Now it,s time for reassembly.Also received good news my pazzo levers, goodrich brake lines and racetech springs are in also got some good old fashioned grab on,s as they are still the most comfortable grips you can buy

Comment

Bike looks awesome, very clean appearance nice work.

Comment

Wow $150 for blasting and powder coating is very very good price. I paid twice that. Came out nice. Semi-gloss makes a lot of sense. I did high gloss and I can tell its going to be a lot of upkeep.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                              Wow $150 for blasting and powder coating is very very good price. I paid twice that. Came out nice. Semi-gloss makes a lot of sense. I did high gloss and I can tell its going to be a lot of upkeep.
                              Yea I got quotes twice that as well.

Comment

Got two quotes this week of $250 and $300. 150 is a bargain?

Comment

Working...
                                X