Hi! Im new to this forum. I have a '77 750! help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Im new to this forum. I have a '77 750! help

Hi. Ive got a 77 GS750 with 19k its a great old timer in which my personal prereference enjoys. But i wanna make it alittle more contemparay. Im thinking of swaping the swing arm to the 1100e probly like an 80-83. Is is a pretty much bolt up thing or is heavy mod required.? Also triple trees, forks, wheel and brake setup from a later model gsxr? if anyone has some input for me on how to acheive my goals let me know... Thanks very much. Chris

Use the search function at the top and you will see all kinds of threads regarding everything you mention.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by GS750R79 View Post
      Hi. Ive got a 77 GS750 with 19k its a great old timer in which my personal prereference enjoys. But i wanna make it alittle more contemparay. Im thinking of swaping the swing arm to the 1100e probly like an 80-83. Is is a pretty much bolt up thing or is heavy mod required.? Also triple trees, forks, wheel and brake setup from a later model gsxr? if anyone has some input for me on how to acheive my goals let me know... Thanks very much. Chris
      The swingarm will require you to either drill the frame out to
      accept the larger 1100 pivot bolt or to purchase or make bushes that will
      have the same ID as the smaller 750 pivot but the OD of the necessary bushes in the swingarm. The fork brake and wheel mods are a bit of work and will require various different modifications to the frame or swingarm or other parts depending on how you go about it. There have been quite a few people that have done this and most of them used 1100e models. If you're wanting to keep spoke wheels you won't be able to use stock ones. They aren't gonna work. Do some searches, read, lots of info on it but like I said it's not just bolt it up and go in any case. Lots of little things and a few big things to overcome

Comment

Working...
      X