Chicken Strips..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Strips..

The mark of any true corner carver....I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Chicken strips mean different things in sunny California and up here where the corn wagons leak, pot holes are everywhere and the no sand on the road season is short. But nah nah MINE are bigger than yours!

Comment

Wow, nice bike. What kind of muffler do you have on there? Looks really stylish and Yosh-racebike-ish.

Oh, and because this is a p!$$ing match thread (), LEAN THE BIKE MORE, sally boy.

Riding like this:

gets you this:

Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

U been practicing

Comment

nvr2old, nice rear sets, are those scrape marks on the pegs...?

But, what tire you running, and a 1000s is a what width rim, looks stock?

Comment

I concur- nice rearsets (& bike!) Where did you get those rearsets?

Comment

here are mine

Comment

GS1000's rr tire pic reminded me of a funny experience I had on my Buffalo upon the Angeles Crest Hwy in SoCal. I had bought some used tires that a guy had taken off his bike after a track day at Willow Springs. I was parked at a scenic overlook when a couple of sportbikes pulled in for a break. The Buffalo gets alot of looks but never the respect I got from those guys when they noticed how worn the sidewalls were on the rr tire. LOL They stood and stared before commenting on the extreme lean angles the bike must've been seeing. I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth. Instead, I responded, "Yeah, you'd never know the ol Buffalo was capable from the looks of it." LOL
                Ride on!
                Willie
                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post
                  nvr2old, nice rear sets, are those scrape marks on the pegs...?

But, what tire you running, and a 1000s is a what width rim, looks stock?
                  Tire is a Continental Cont-Blitz 130/80x18-stock rim. Rear sets are Tarozzi's.
                  1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                    Wow, nice bike. What kind of muffler do you have on there? Looks really stylish and Yosh-racebike-ish.

Oh, and because this is a p!$$ing match thread (), LEAN THE BIKE MORE, sally boy.

Riding like this:

gets you this:

\
                    That's what I'm talkin' about..gooey on the edges! Was that on a track, or the street? My pipe is indeed a Yoshimura racing exhaust. I only got to put a couple hundred miles on my newly finished S model before having to put it away for the winter. First Suzuki, and I'm lovin' the way it handles. Just getting those babies scuffed in..
                    1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Okay, I do not have a picture of my chicken strips but I can prove that I have got rid of them including the front tire

And that was a duck I passed.

Comment

I dont have enough brass to get rid of chicken strips on an old GS, not even on the track.

Hey 80GS1000, I see your running the BT002's. I tried Michelin PP's last year and Im going back to the 002's that I ran the year before. They are dirt cheap right now. $200.00 shipped for a 190/55 set.

Comment

Originally posted by ukilme View Post

Shoulda stayed behind the Duck
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            Shoulda stayed behind the Duck
                            Yap, that lap I should have. The worse thing was around the next 3 corners or so was the checked flag to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by ukilme View Post
                              Okay, I do not have a picture of my chicken strips but I can prove that I have got rid of them including the front tire

Looking great up until that lowside. What happened? What track is that? Looks way fun....

Originally posted by alocker View Post
                              I dont have enough brass to get rid of chicken strips on an old GS, not even on the track.

Hey 80GS1000, I see your running the BT002's. I tried Michelin PP's last year and Im going back to the 002's that I ran the year before. They are dirt cheap right now. $200.00 shipped for a 190/55 set.
                              Wow, great price, where are you getting them for that price?

Great tire, huh? I find that they're great trackday tires - they don't require warmers and heat up fast. Plenty of edge grip too. Actually like them more than the Michelin Power Race tires from the trackside vendor. The main difference is slide predictability - when the Bridgestones slide they give a ton of warning and it's progressive and controllable - the tire hooks back up with the pavement without any drama. You can regain control by easing off the throttle, brakes, decreasing lean angle etc. The Michelins grip great up until they snap loose all at once with no warning and you'll wind up testing your leathers if not on your game. The only downside is that like any street/trackday tire they can get greasy after a few 7+/10s laps since they overheat but if that's an issue that's what race tires are for. Can't wait to try the BT003 Racing Street and full-blown DOT race BT003 this year.

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                              \
                              That's what I'm talkin' about..gooey on the edges! Was that on a track, or the street? My pipe is indeed a Yoshimura racing exhaust. I only got to put a couple hundred miles on my newly finished S model before having to put it away for the winter. First Suzuki, and I'm lovin' the way it handles. Just getting those babies scuffed in..
                              Love the way your bike looks. Where'd you pick up that exhaust? Those Bridgestones got like that after a trackday at Miller.
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X