Horn Uprgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Uprgrade

After reading a few things in the forum and a relatively close call the other day, i want to get a much louder horn. Before i order anything-whats a good upgraded horn to get?
    Thanks!

There are several threads dealing with this; the 'search' function here should bring them up. Here is a recent one...

Those Fiamm horns are a good upgrade, and easy to install, but for serious intimidation, check out the Stebel Nautilus horn which is very loud, but a little more creativity is required to install, given the shape. I have one, but haven't yet installed it....rest assured, it is loud.
    Comes with the required relay too.
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I bought a set of Fiamm El Grande horns, which are the high/low Freeway Blasters in a single pack. They are quite loud and have the relay included. I then stupidly succumbed to me-tooism and purchased a Stebel Nautilus (aka Wolo Bad Boy from JC Whitney) and found it nearly impossible to mount. I separated the compressor and horn section, and zip-tied the compressor in the space where the ignitor used to sit on my 83 1100E. I then ran a 3/8" vinyl tube up to the horn section which I temporarily clamped over one of the turnsignal stalks. It works fine, but I still can't find a decent location for the horn. The single bolt mount also does not fill me with confidence. I am going to go back to the Fiamms, which were certainly loud enough. I might toss the Wolo, or install it in my car, where I'm sure it will seize up with lack of use. If I could find a set of Stebel Magnum Blasters for a decent price, I'd go that route.

Hella Supertones are said to be louder, but they are pretty big to mount on a bike.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X