Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harrison Clement
    Hey Terry,
    Are you going to sell these? I know I'm not the only one who will be interested.

Harrison
    Geez I hope so mate, the bloody tooling for the MK2 version has cost me as much as a new cooler kit! :twisted:

Comment

Oil pressure gauge

I have a 1978 GS 750 with an original Lockhart adapter, oil cooler, and a BP 180 thermostatic diverter. The Lockhart adapter allowed the original oil pressure switch to be threaded into it, so I have the oil pressure light, but keep thinking about changing over to a gauge. There was a thread on this website a while ago about doing so, but I can't seem to find it by doing a search. One problem is that the original version of the GS 750 motor used a low pressure oiling system, like under 5 PSI, I believe. I was looking for an oil pressure gauge in this range, but didn't have much luck finding one. I read your post, Terry, about thinking about running with a gauge, and wondered how far you might , or anyone for that matter, gotten in this manner. Anyone have any useful insights?
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Yeah Mate, I've got an oil pressure guage on mine, it's good when the bike's cold, it only goes up to 15 psi, when it's cold it nearly gets there, but when it's hot it hardly reads at all.

Still, tells me at start up that the oil is circulating, plus it does look kinda cool too. If you can find me a guage (get a nice water proof marine one) 0-15 psi, and I'll make you an adapter for it.

Comment

Working...
        X