SPA Tacho on 1100 katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPA Tacho on 1100 katana

Don't know if any of you dudes have installed a set of SPA clocks on your bikes. Tacho output doesn't work for the old katanas. have to go direct to the coil. RED wire coil (black/y), BLACK to ground, GREEN/Y to ground as well. In the settings you have to set cylinders to "2".
    Awfully trick piece of kit. 1/4 mile time, top everything memory, acceleration timings, 3 shift lights, red or blue needle and back light and electronic speedo. I put one on this bike last year for the owner. I have since bought the bike back off him and made some changes.
    painted top triple and clipons black (they were polished), took out the ignition (didn't want the keys messing up my new paint job) and made new mounting so the tacho sits much deeper into the fairing and glass. I think it looks pretty trick.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Cheers,
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Very cool....dig the 'olden' intro music too!
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
      Don't know if any of you dudes have installed a set of SPA clocks on your bikes. Tacho output doesn't work for the old katanas. have to go direct to the coil. RED wire coil (black/y), BLACK to ground, GREEN/Y to ground as well. In the settings you have to set cylinders to "2".
      Awfully trick piece of kit. 1/4 mile time, top everything memory, acceleration timings, 3 shift lights, red or blue needle and back light and electronic speedo. I put one on this bike last year for the owner. I have since bought the bike back off him and made some changes.
      painted top triple and clipons black (they were polished), took out the ignition (didn't want the keys messing up my new paint job) and made new mounting so the tacho sits much deeper into the fairing and glass. I think it looks pretty trick.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Cheers,

Very clean Rob, Between the SPA and the Yoshi, you must have close to a grand under that windshield

Do you experience any needle bounce from either mechanical vibe or electrical noise?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
        Very cool....dig the 'olden' intro music too!
        Hey thanks, HEre is another one with an '80's alternative German funk. I blazed a speaker with this one cranked at one party back in the day. Yes, it actually caught fire and someone put it out with a bear. Fortunately it wasn't my speaker, just my song. ahahahahahahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8b_...eature=related
        Last edited by katman; 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Very clean Rob, Between the SPA and the Yoshi, you must have close to a grand under that windshield

Do you experience any needle bounce from either mechanical vibe or electrical noise?
          Not a cheap cockpit I must say. I mutch prefer the black to the polish with that silver kat. I like the contrast better. Love that T2 Paint. Semi Gloss, very nice factory look IMHO.

No bounce, no. The wiring was a challenge as I could not use the tach wire from the original clocks. Had to go direct to coils. Oh Yeh, and setting cylinders to "2" instead of 4. Later I will get some footage of it in use then plug that into another video.
          Last edited by katman; 05-13-2010, 03:00 PM.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Not a cheap cockpit I must say. I mutch prefer the black to the polish with that silver kat. I like the contrast better. Love that T2 Paint. Semi Gloss, very nice factory look IMHO.
            Ted Cymbaly colour-matched the triple on one of his 1100 Kats (powder coat)... that looked pretty sharp too.

'82 GS1100E

Comment

Ted Cymbaly colour-matched the triple on one of his 1100 Kats (powder coat)... that looked pretty sharp too.

[/IMG]
              That's a very nice bike. He was gracious enough to let me ride it for the two weeks I was in Toronto last year. He has done a great job on it and all his bikes.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

That's a very nice bike. He was gracious enough to let me ride it for the two weeks I was in Toronto last year. He has done a great job on it and all his bikes.

small world

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  small world
                  WEll he is the CEO of the N/American katana club and I am the katman' I was one of his original members.
                  He has a slew of old GS's at his place. A real Suzi lover.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

WEll he is the CEO of the N/American katana club and I am the katman' I was one of his original members.
                    He haslew of old GS'ss a at his place. A real Suzi lover.
                    24 at last count ...slew is a good word. All the Kats in the above pic are his. I agree....a super-nice guy.
                    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Very nice videos. But I love that German one even if I don't know what they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ukilme View Post
                        Very nice videos. But I love that German one even if I don't know what they are saying.
                        Thanks, I love it to. It is a throw back to the '80's. Have no idea what they are saying but it still rocks in my opinion.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Thanks, I love it to. It is a throw back to the '80's. Have no idea what they are saying but it still rocks in my opinion.
                          Aw the 80's, you got love that decade after all most of our bikes are from that time

Comment

Hey thanks, HEre is another one with an '80's alternative German funk. I blazed a speaker with this one cranked at one party back in the day. Yes, it actually caught fire and someone put it out with a bear. Fortunately it wasn't my speaker, just my song. ahahahahahahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8b_...eature=related
                            Aren't those Grizzlies endangered?
                            Have you ever checked what kinda mileage you get with those 36mm RS carbs....I know fuel efficiency is not a high priority for most folks running them, but just wondered what to expect. Sorry to hijack.
                            '82 GS1100E

Comment

Aren't those Grizzlies endangered?
                              Have you ever checked what kinda mileage you get with those 36mm RS carbs....I know fuel efficiency is not a high priority for most folks running them, but just wondered what to expect. Sorry to hijack.
                              I get about 140 miles a tank (aprox 25 mpg) before I hit reserve and that's not playing nice.
                              Last edited by katman; 05-15-2010, 02:38 PM.
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X