Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Exhaust?

What's up GS Gang?

I have a 83gs 1100e. I want to make a custom exhaust. Has anyone ever made there own exhaust? If so can please post pics and info if possible? Thanks,

Peace! Supavert

Originally posted by Supavert View Post
    What's up GS Gang?

I have a 83gs 1100e. I want to make a custom exhaust. Has anyone ever made there own exhaust? If so can please post pics and info if possible? Thanks,

Peace! Supavert
    You can do a search and find a discusions and associated costs. I have priced out buying prebent tubing for a DYI automotive header kit (e.g. from Jegs) and the prices are prohibitive. Unless you have money to burn, understand exhaust flow theory and just want to weld.

On the other hand there are various options avaliable for adapting GSXR/Bandit exhausts to a GS that would be relatively inexpensive to buy and relatively easy to adapt.

A GSXR 1000 titanium exhaust is one that can be adapted easily for 1st Gen GSXR's and so would transfer without much more trouble to a GS.

I'm in the process of adapting my second 2nd Gen GSXR 1100 pipe to a GS1100E 80-83

Comment

modified exhaust... self made.....

hi i actually made my own 45mm st/st exhaust with st/alloy tracker mufflers... you can buy the stainless light gauge bends and lenghts from a good auto store or plumber al i did was mig with a small coil of stainless steel mig wire {gaslass} ..it only took a weekendand fairly cheap to dohope this helps you regards david

Comment

Originally posted by lesliew51@hotmail.com View Post
        hi i actually made my own 45mm st/st exhaust with st/alloy tracker mufflers... you can buy the stainless light gauge bends and lenghts from a good auto store or plumber al i did was mig with a small coil of stainless steel mig wire {gaslass} ..it only took a weekendand fairly cheap to dohope this helps you regards david
        well where are the picks and parts list?

Comment

Hello Leslie,

I would love to see some pics also please.

Thanks, Supavert

Comment

Working...
          X