Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morgan Carbtune or Motion Pro Carb Sync Pro???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan Carbtune or Motion Pro Carb Sync Pro???

Morgan Carbtune or Motion Pro Carb Sync Pro. I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these. Opinions, tips? I made a homemade manometer but it's a big dumb PITA. Thanks for looking.

Originally posted by thevillaindylan View Post
    Morgan Carbtune or Motion Pro Carb Sync Pro. I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these. Opinions, tips? I made a homemade manometer but it's a big dumb PITA. Thanks for looking.
    I own both, and really prefer the Carbtune II. You pay more for it, but it's more accurate, you can take it anywhere without having to worry about spilling the mercury, and the quality is higher as well.

Either will do the job, but if you're going to be syncing a lot, and not always in the same place, go for the Carbtune.

Comment

I've got a set of the motion pro mercury sticks that work fine. If I had to purchase another one, I would go with the morgan carbtune. I've never used one, but it seems like it would be easier to use than the sticks.

Comment

No contest - Morgan Carbtune is superior.

Two major advantages over the MotionPro:

1 - No calibration (equalize) required - just plug & play...

2 - You can rev your engine all you want without fear of sucking fluid into the engine, it uses metal rods that stay captured in the hsg...
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

So after a little more research I discovered that Morgan sells packages. They have the Carbtune Pro, carrying case and Colortune for $134 delivered or just the Carbtune Pro and carrying case for $93. The Motion Pro is $100 from the Motion Pro website, it's around $90 on Ebay.

Is the Colortune worth the extra $34-44 bucks?

Comment

Is the Colortune worth the extra $34-44 bucks?
            If you want one, thats a very good price. I've got both the 12mm and 14mm colortunes.

Comment

I have a set of mercury sticks (with six columns ). I was recently given a set of Motion Pro sticks that need some of their special blue fluid. I have also used a Morgan Carbtune.

All three of them are equally accurate, the difference is in safety. Mercury has its obvious hazards, so needs to be treated VERY carefully. I have not checked the exchange rate lately, but the last time I checked, the Carbtune was actually a couple bucks cheaper than the Motion Pro unit. Regardless of price, the Carbtune has the advantage of NO fluid of any kind to worry about. The one disadvantage of the Carbtune is the plastic adapters that screw into the intake tubes. Many have gotten the 5mm brass adapters from Z1 to replace them.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I have a set of mercury sticks (with six columns ). I was recently given a set of Motion Pro sticks that need some of their special blue fluid. I have also used a Morgan Carbtune.

All three of them are equally accurate, the difference is in safety. Mercury has its obvious hazards, so needs to be treated VERY carefully. I have not checked the exchange rate lately, but the last time I checked, the Carbtune was actually a couple bucks cheaper than the Motion Pro unit. Regardless of price, the Carbtune has the advantage of NO fluid of any kind to worry about. The one disadvantage of the Carbtune is the plastic adapters that screw into the intake tubes. Many have gotten the 5mm brass adapters from Z1 to replace them.

You can also pick up the brass adapters from the Carb Tune website.

Comment

I've already installed brass adapters from Motion Pro. I believe i'm gonna go with the Morgan Carbtune package. That way i'll have the Colortune to play with as well.
                  Morgan also carries an awesome 8mm wrench/screwdriver carbtool that is used to balance the carbs.

Comment

Alright fellas, it finally arrived. I ordered this on 06/06/10, it shipped on the 9th, so it took six days to arrive from Belfast, U.K, not bad. The total cost was $138.94. Don't know if it's worth it yet but, I'll try to get some video soon. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Working...
                    X