Another gsxr front end question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another gsxr front end question

G'day, I'm keen to put a usd gsxr front end and a bandit swing arm on my gs1100ez. I've been searching the forums and found heaps of useful information.
    From what I've gathered so far, the 91-95 gsxr front ends are a direct bolt on with only the steering stops needing modifying on some models. The problem is these seem damn hard to come by. I know of a 96 gsxr 1100 front end for sale and i'm wondering what mods are
    needed to make this fit? Would it be a good substitute? I think it should be pretty straight forward but any advice on that front end would be appretiated before I spend the cash

cheers

If you are in the USA, I have 4 frontends. Ray.

Comment

these will fit nicely.The steering stopper are on the side too, easier to fit if you had no access to welding equipements.These forks are longer too.
      I have 1994 1100 on my bike.
      The sterring syem bearings are the same too.
      Marc
      AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
      1978 GS1000C X2
      1978 GS1000E X2
      1979 GS1000S
      1979 gs1000
      1983 gs400e

Comment

Thanks heaps for the replys
        Ray, unfortunatly I'm in new Zealand but thanks for the offer.
        That's good news that the 96 front end will work. If it's not damaged I'll probably buy it.
        Does anyone know if the speedo drive will work on the gs gauge?

Thanks

Comment

Yes on the speedo drive. Use the cable from the same year as the drive. The other end will fit the speedometer itself.

Comment

depends on what type of 96! All GSXR 1100 foks work well. If it is a modern GSXR750 SRAD it wont work. At least not as easily.
            GSXR1100 93/94 are actually best as longest USD forks around. Weight is decent match too.
            Greets
            Flo

Comment

Working...
            X