anyone have oil cooled GSXR1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have oil cooled GSXR1100?

Other than the GS1100 or GS1150, I do want to have an oil cooled GSXR1100 for some time sport riding.
    Which year of oil cooled GSXR1100 are the best to have?
    I know that the 86-88 are having 18 inches wheels and they are more classic look. The 90-92 have the USD forks and look more sporty.
    Hope you would share some of your experience.

Actually, the inverted forks (for the USA bikes anyway) were 91 & up. I think the 90 was the most well rounded of the 1100s. It wasn't quite the pig yet that the 91 became & even though the forks weren't inverted, they were LIGHTER & still a GREAT cartridge fork! Plus, it was the 1127 motor instead of the 1052. The head was a little bit better too. Just an all around better bike than the 91/92s were in my opinion. Ray.

Comment

I agree with Ray - the first ones with the 1127 motor and 17inch wheels were the better bikes. The later versions became too much of a monster with handling that could be difficult.
      Here in NZ the early ones were unbeatable in production class roadracing but the later versions - though quicker in a straight line - got their asses handed to them by the FZR1000.
      All versions though will hurt you long term - make friends with a chiropractor for regular attention to your back....

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
        I agree with Ray - the first ones with the 1127 motor and 17inch wheels were the better bikes. The later versions became too much of a monster with handling that could be difficult.
        Here in NZ the early ones were unbeatable in production class roadracing but the later versions - though quicker in a straight line - got their asses handed to them by the FZR1000.
        All versions though will hurt you long term - make friends with a chiropractor for regular attention to your back....
        My 86 Slabbie 1100G has 17" wheels and USD and will be fightered

Comment

Hi Ray and GregT,

Thankyou for your information.
          For sure, are you talking about the best one is the 1989 K-model with cartridge forks

Or the 1990 L-model with USD forks

I know little more about the engine change that the camshaft of M and N model (91 & 92) have 16 lopes for 16 rocker-arms. The camshaft of 86-89 only have 8 lopes for 8 rockerarms. But I do not konw what the camshaft of the K and L model look like.
          Addy

Comment

i miss my 1986 gsxr750 with a 1127 in it.
            This thing drive like a motor powered hinge.This bike didnt wobble he was dancing......Flex is good
            I would prefer a first gen gsxr with a modern running gear..
            The first 1127 has screw type valve adjustement too a plus for diy.not like the 91-92.
            marc
            AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
            1978 GS1000C X2
            1978 GS1000E X2
            1979 GS1000S
            1979 gs1000
            1983 gs400e

Comment

I have NEVER seen a USA model 1990 with inverted forks from the factory. I worked at a Suzuki dealer during that time. I could be wrong & just not remembering correctly but I don't think so. Ray.

Comment

The K is the one I remember as the better handler.
                The L I'm pretty sure was sold here with both types of fork - we tend to get the non - US models - but if the ROW model is in short supply and sales are down in the US we have had US versions here.

My business partner & I ran Robbie Dean in the South Island rounds on a K in the season he won the NZ F1 championship - the next season the FZR1000's were untouchable. (NZ history for any Kiwis reading)

Comment

Working...
                X