Converted to a tubular h-bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted to a tubular h-bar

So a while back I posted asking about dimensions on upper triple clamps with the thought of converting to a tubular bar on my 84 Kat. I got no response, and as it has short narrow clip ons I decided to take the bull by the horns.

Went from this:

to this:

Using these:

Bar risers off a Kawi Vulcan, and a Renthal Ultra Low 7/8" bar. Total might have been 60 bux, thanks to eBay.
    The rubber in the clamps is an attempt to quell some vibration in my mirrors, it worked okay but not as well as I'd hoped.

I think the risers are a touch too tall, and I may have my guy at work cut them shorter if he gets a chance, but I need to get more miles in on them to be sure...
    Feels like I'm riding a dirt bike now! Way more comfy but I've yet to put any real mileage on it to tell if my back/wrists/bum like it better.

Whaddya think?

Looks great. I really like it.

A few years ago, I had a Honda FT500 Ascot that had really bad vibes in the bars. I took 'em off, jammed a rubber plug in each end so the rubber plug stuck right in the first bend, then melted some ordinary lead fishing weights and poured the bar ends full of lead. It totaled about 1 lb. (four 4-oz lead weights) in each end. It worked like a champ and cost about 5 bucks.

Anyway, it looks good. How 'bout posting a picture from a bit further away, so we can get an idea of how they look on the bike overall...

Kirk

Comment

Working...
    X