Head gasket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coady View Post
    Been thinking... put my head gasket on last night and it did look a little large for the bore with the 2mm gap around the edge - 73mm for 69mm bore...

Put it back together and was gonna put the valve cover on when I thought I should sleep on it (probably should have stopped a little sooner..).

Worried now I may lose some compression? Am I worrying for nothing?
    Well I've calculated that this will add about 1.8cc overall, assuming that the stock gasket is exactly 69mm wide and that the head gasket is 1mm thick (it was before it's torqued down). This would change compression ratio from assumed stock of 8.7:1 to 8.55:1.

I'm thinking this is negligible....
    1979 GS750E

Comment

size

i had to buy a new one for my 1166 kit. stock was way to small lol

Comment

Shawn, the stock 1150 head gasket works REALLY well if you just open it up a little for an 1166! Ray.

Comment

I sold a guy an 1150 gasket that Ray cut and it worked a charm.
          Not to say I had my doubts.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X