Russell performance brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree!

Go to your local hydraulic store, one that fixes hydraulic lines for backhoes and escavators etc.

Here in Ontario the big chain is Cisco. (Hydraulic Equipment & Supplies - Yellow Pages)

The braided line costs about $10 a foot and fittings are $12 each..CDN

Get rid of the junction box and run two lines off the master cylinder, with this method you need:

6 fittings for front and rear without Antidive
    10 fittings for front and rear with Antidive

and about 10-12 feet of line

The differnce is night and day, also eliminates that fear of bursting a twenty year old rubber brake line under severe conditions.

This method is good because you can always replace a part if something gets damaged, not possible with premade line sets.

Andre 8)

Comment

I have 20 year old braided lines, but they perform as good as new.

The master cylinder/caliper combination bneeds improvement to get the brakes really working...but it may be enough for that skinny front tyre!!!

Comment

Russel speedbleeders

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
        back again
        Inoticed the item called a Russel speed bleeder and i cant seem to find where to buy them for a motorcycle --can anyone assist me please
        Sounds like a good idea doesn't it. I purchased a set for my 1100. They bleed as stated, but continue to bleed in high temps. By that I mean they leak. I found the add in a cycle mag, from a company in Daytona Beach. I'll see what I can find.

Comment

Brake Lines

HAVE G & J OUT IN CALIF CUST. MAKE THEM FOR YOU. THEY USE THE SAME HOSE MANUFACTURER TO MAKE THEIR LINES AS RUSSEL. PRICE AINT BAD EITHER., JIM

Comment

Working...
          X