Fork Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird!

I actually had one of these when I had gs sliders on my bike!
    Didnt realize it was a generic, I got it secondhand from a mate...
    Yeppers it fitted well, but on top of the seal dust covers, but then they all do pretty much dont they..

Comment

Re: weird!

Originally posted by MrFluffy
      I actually had one of these when I had gs sliders on my bike!
      Didnt realize it was a generic, I got it secondhand from a mate...
      Yeppers it fitted well, but on top of the seal dust covers, but then they all do pretty much dont they..
      I have some gadget that is painted black on my gs. i really dont think that here are any of those aftermarket ones that are junk --i dont know a thing about them however so who knows--i was just pleased to find one on my bike when i purchased it

Comment

fork brace

I bought one of the forged ones someone posted the link to. Got it off ebay and it was supposed to fit my GS1100E. It didn't, but it was so cheap ($21) that I didn't bother returning it. I ended up ordering a Telefix. I of course did not want to spend $129, but I'll get over that. The think mounts very easily (about 5 minutes), looks decent and the difference in handling is well worth it. My bike actually handled pretty well, but this got rid of the slight shimmy under deceleration, it handles lighter at low speeds and seems more stable in curves - hold a line better.
        spec II, expansion, chambers, sprockets, tuning, motorcycles, handlebars, bearings, bushings, swingarm, reed, cages, fairing, chassis, clip-ons, clutch, kit, coils, RD, RZ, RZ350, RD350, RZ350, RD400, Daytona, Yamaha, steering, damper, brake, discs, engine, parts, fenders, carbs, carburators, flatslides, Mikuni, jets, main, Kawasaki, handgrips, buttons, Honda, Kawasaki, Hawk, brake, lines, stainless, steel, braided, pads, piston, powerjets, rearsets, porting, crank, work, shocks, Fox, slip-ons, YSR50

5,000 miles since April 1st and I haven't even really gone anywhere.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Re: fork brace

Originally posted by Bert Patterson
          I bought one of the forged ones someone posted the link to. Got it off ebay and it was supposed to fit my GS1100E. It didn't, but it was so cheap ($21) that I didn't bother returning it. I ended up ordering a Telefix. I of course did not want to spend $129, but I'll get over that. The think mounts very easily (about 5 minutes), looks decent and the difference in handling is well worth it. My bike actually handled pretty well, but this got rid of the slight shimmy under deceleration, it handles lighter at low speeds and seems more stable in curves - hold a line better.
          spec II, expansion, chambers, sprockets, tuning, motorcycles, handlebars, bearings, bushings, swingarm, reed, cages, fairing, chassis, clip-ons, clutch, kit, coils, RD, RZ, RZ350, RD350, RZ350, RD400, Daytona, Yamaha, steering, damper, brake, discs, engine, parts, fenders, carbs, carburators, flatslides, Mikuni, jets, main, Kawasaki, handgrips, buttons, Honda, Kawasaki, Hawk, brake, lines, stainless, steel, braided, pads, piston, powerjets, rearsets, porting, crank, work, shocks, Fox, slip-ons, YSR50

5,000 miles since April 1st and I haven't even really gone anywhere.
          Are Telefix still around, I thought they had gone as I could not find anybody here in the UK that could sell me one.
          Anybody know how to get hold of Telefix direct?.

Phil 8)

Comment

Working...
          X