SALE ON DYNA III $99.99!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SALE ON DYNA III $99.99!!

if you want a dyna III ignition now is a good time..

van

who, what, where, when, why, and how?

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
      who, what, where, when, why, and how?
      come on guy--give us the url

Comment

at the risk of selling my self out and not being able to get one

are the dyna 3 any good, what are the performace improvements offered. and what exactly comes with them.

ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

the Dyna III has a 'box' whereas the Dyna S has just just the pickup and wires. I had to use my stock mechanical advancer on the Dyna S...so i'm trying to find out what is the story with the Dyna III. i emailed them.

~Adam

Comment

It looks like the Dyna III uses the same stock advancer...

Comment

but bikes past 81 or 82 dont have a mechanical advancer...

Comment

Wouldn't let me order, Sent them an email

Comment

i haven't heard back from them about my question yet...maybe i'll call them tomorrow.

i was toying with the idea of buying one of these just to hang on to...or maybe sell later.

Comment

Got mine ordered $100 Will get it tomorrow. thats like 1/2 price makes me suspect they are discontinuing them.

Comment

I've got a Dyna 3 and Dyna coils on my GS1000ST, needless to say it's a quality item, basically a refinement of the old Dyna "S" system, and a vast improvement over the standard system.

Having said that though, I installed the ignition and coils at the same time, but I suspect that I could have gotten away with just the coils, as I've heard nothing bad about the stock suzy electronic ignitions.

If you're still running points, buy the Dyna 3 and Dyna coils, you'll never look back, much easier starting, better performance and fuel economy. If you've got a later model with factory electronic ignition, just buy the coils first, chances are you won't need the Dyna 3.

Comment

Dear Mr. Reinke,

Thank you for your interest in Dynatek ignitions. Basically, the Dyna S and Dyna lll are functionally identical. The Dyna S is a completely self contained system while the Dyna lll does require a separate control module. Both systems require the factory mechanical advancer. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Sincerely,

Scott Valentine
                        Dynatek Customer Service

Dyna replied to my email question. Both are the same i guess...

~Adam

Comment

I just ordered mine! \/ I had to choose between the (ND) and the (KD) and was clueless... Found this in my manual and wanted to share:

"Two types of ignition systems are installed on GS550 models. All 1979 and earlier models are fitted with a breaker point system. All 1980 and later models are fitted with a Kokusan transistorized (breakerless) ignition system." -Clymer pg. 210

So my 1977 GS550 has the Nippon Denso (ND) D33-2 Suzuki 4cyl (ND) 550/750/850/1000/1100/1150.

Time to order....only 20 or so left. :-({|=

......also got this good info from first timer

Originally posted by first timer
                          this is what i was able to find about the condesors the kokusan is .25uF the densois .18uF.
                          ryan

Comment

Working...
                          X