high flow fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high flow fuel filter

What kind of fuel filters are you guys running on your hopped up bikes?
    My 81 GS1100E is slighty modified but it runs out of fuel between 6000 to 7500 rpm with a fuel filter intstalled between the Pingel petcock and the carbs. It runs fine without the filter but the carbs get full of crud every few hundred miles. I use a high flow filter for a car carburator fuel system. It flows very well for a small filter. Is there something better. I have used the same filter on a car that makes 350hp even though it did have the help of a fuel pump.

Re: high flow fuel filter

Originally posted by Benny R
    What kind of fuel filters are you guys running on your hopped up bikes?
    Fuel filter on my hopped up bike??? S H I T IN = S H I T OUT!!!

On my street bikes I just use the stock filters and petcocks. They seem to flow more than enough fuel.

Comment

If you are using a paper auto type element I would change it they will not flow enough with MC gravity feed fuel system

Comment

If you are using a paper auto type element I would change it they will not flow enough with MC gravity feed fuel system
        Exactly. I'm padding my stats to get to 1000. You are correct however!

Comment

Ill bet you have the petcock filter screen PRTIALLY CLOGGED

Comment

The filter has a steel screen in it. I have tried the paper ones and they are too restrictive. I guess nobody uses a filter after the petcock?

Comment

Usually use a filter with brass type filter between the petcock and the carbs

Comment

Don't use an inline filter. I read somewhere in these archives a few years ago that it'd slow down a gravity fed system. Made sense to me, so I had my tank cleaned and lined, kept my petcock diaphragm in good shape and haven't had a problem with dirty gas since. I drain my bowls every winter when I put it away.

Robben

Comment

Working...
                X