GS750 Big bore kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Big bore kit

Came across this yesterday. Do you think its worth the money? Looking to get some more power outta my 83 750e.

The finest in motorcycle performance products for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha

I know nothing about the quality of the kit, but make sure you get the right one.

There are several 750 kits listed on that page.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

To me, that's exactly where I would start if I were looking for more power. You gain 68cc and 1.5 points in compression ratio. That should be a significant power boost on it's own. Don't forget to add in the price of boring your cylinders and the new gaskets. It's totally worth it.

Comment

For all that time effort and money just sell the 750 and put in a 1100.....done!

Comment

I would rather keep my 750. Sentimental I guess....but to raise it to 881cc's would be nice! Add a set of rs34's and that should give me plenty of power.

Comment

Originally posted by smarzinski View Post
            I would rather keep my 750. Sentimental I guess....but to raise it to 881cc's would be nice! Add a set of rs34's and that should give me plenty of power.
            Where did you see 881cc? That motor 3mm over is an 816. Ray.

Comment

Sorry I thought it was 818 and typed it in backwards. Please excuse my dyslexia. Glad your here to correct me though!

Comment

Originally posted by smarzinski View Post
                Sorry I thought it was 818 and typed it in backwards. Please excuse my dyslexia. Glad your here to correct me though!
                Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

PM gearhead; he had a 80-81 750, did a BB kit and then found n 1100 and went 1166 for a 7/11.

Comment

Excuse the Noobness, but
                  for a 7/11
                  Is a 7/11 slang for a 750 bike with an 1100 engine transplant?
                  Just trying to learn the lingo, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
                    Excuse the Noobness, but

Is a 7/11 slang for a 750 bike with an 1100 engine transplant?
                    Just trying to learn the lingo, thanks
                    Yes ............................

Comment

Heh, heh... I may have been born at night, just not last night.

Comment

Posplayr, I like the 1100 you have in your red bike but its the only one I like. All of the other ones I see have those round chrome caps on the heads. (cam caps?) Just dont like the way they look. Ive been looking on here for an 1100 but havent found one yet. Ideally, if i stuck with my 750, I wouls like the bb kit with a set of rs34's, and maybe kent cams. Thats what my plan is now. There seems to be alot of stuff out there for the 1100 though, thats why I started looking.

Comment

From the part numbers, looks like these are Wiesco kits, so quality would be excellent. Ray
                          "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                          GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                          1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                          1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                          1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

If you have an 83 750, the 1100 motor swap is NOT easy. An oil cooled GSXR motor swap is easier into that chassis. Ray.

Comment

Something like a 89-91 gsxr750? Hard to find by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X