Tach cable needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach cable needed

In changing the guages on my 81 GS1100G to smaller ones and attaching dropped bars I have realized I need a tach cable at least 2 - 4 inches longer. any ideas if there is a modern equivalent, or any equivalent for that matter, avail?

any help much appreciated.

well worst case scenario you could uses motion pro they can do custom cables

Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

[edit]the estimate is 55-73$
    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I have a one season tach cable off an L model.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Check this thread:
        Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

The shop is local to me and the cable brand is "parts unlimited", you could likely get by with the L cable for that year or just call them up and tell them the bike and they can sort it for you.

New cables for the price of used, also shipping could be less an issue if you got a few cables. Will you also need to adjust the throttle cable?

http://www.goldwingcycleparts.com

The search function is a bit lacking so a phone call might be best.

Comment

Working...
        X