Using megasquirt to control spark only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using megasquirt to control spark only?

have a couple of megasquirt units laying around and a blown ignitor on the 82 GS1100G. Wondering if anyone has used an MS unit to control spark only?

I haven't done spark only by myself but it's completely possible. The biggest problem is to arrange suitable crank trigger set-up. Missing tooth wheels seem to be slightly problematic with bike engines.
    Arttu
    GS1100E EFI turbo
    Project thread

Comment

I think it's totally possible. You could either use a magnetic trigger or use a set of points "dry" as a binary trigger...
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

will post something over on the msefi.com site asking if there is a way to use the current trigger wheel and signal generator pickups

Comment

In theory MS2 supports stock type trigger (one tooth and two opposite sensors/pickups). But as far as I know that feature isn't properly tested and I vaguely remember seeing some bug reports relating to it.

I'm using two hall sensors and 6+1 magnets as triggers. That works fine with all MS versions.
          Arttu
          GS1100E EFI turbo
          Project thread

Comment

Working...
          X