Which Chain/Sprockets to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Chain/Sprockets to use?

Ok I'm getting ready to buy a new Front/Rear sprockets and chain, the question i have is should i just stay with stock? or should i change it up alittle.

Stock says i have a NT14 in front and a NT45 in the rear with a 530 chain?

I confirmed that i do have OEM sizes.

What size sprockets? For what purpose do you use the bike? I generally like bigger rear sprockets to make it quicker but that's just me.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The bike has a 4into1 and thats about it... 14 Tooth front 45 Tooth rear and i've been pretty happy with it's ridability. If any other 1985 GS700E/ES or similar model GS750e/es owners tried combos could you let me know what you are useing and how difference you noticed.

And brands/deals/etc...

Comment

I got my chain/sprockets from Z1 enterprises:
        Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I ordered 3 front sprockets so I could change it up a bit depending on what kind of riding I am doing.

Comment

Old Yeller (85 750EF) has a 15t front and a 40t rear.Makes for a considerably slower RPM speed at 100kph (approx. 62mph) of right on 3500rpm.A 83 Cycle Canada test lists it as 4500@100kph.I rode a little with a stock 15x45 set.Like this better.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
            I ordered 3 front sprockets so I could change it up a bit depending on what kind of riding I am doing.

This is the way to arrange your bike exactly to your liking. I have a lot of sprockets also..

I may go to the skinny chain on my next "street style" project.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I just changed from a 15 45 stock setup to a 15 42. At 100 k engine rpm is about 3500, down 800 to 1000 rpm from stock, still with plenty of torque. I like it much better.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

I also have multiple front sprockets. They are much cheaper than rear sprockets and you generally don't have to shorten or lengthen the chain when you change them out.

Comment

Working...
                X