Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wacked out stuff, GS1100E cylinder spacer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacked out stuff, GS1100E cylinder spacer.

So I found a sweet big bore GS1100E setup. But it is a little over 13 to 1. What I am thinking is to program my VMC and cut out a 2024 aluminum base spacer to takt the deck height up, and take the CR down. I haven't calculated it but it should only take about 3/16 to get The CR down to 10.5 or 10. for street use. Is there enough T chain length for the extra deck height this would add. I know slotting the cam sprockets will let me time it up, but I am worried about the T chain length.

You'll be fine.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

your squish will hate you for it

Comment

Longer/stronger studs as well I would surmise.

Daniel

Comment

Speed Merchant
          http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Big Jay is the man.........
            80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Moving the piston that far away from the head makes for poor squish as already mentioned. This will make it less efficient and more prone to detonation. A better plan would be getting a set of 10.25:1 pistons and running them in the proper position.

Comment

Originally posted by jimb12 View Post
                Moving the piston that far away from the head makes for poor squish as already mentioned. This will make it less efficient and more prone to detonation. A better plan would be getting a set of 10.25:1 pistons and running them in the proper position.

STOP!

detonation!?! Are you kidding me? -- It will do the exact opposite.

- a widely spaced "squish" combination may produce more HC's and not emission very well -because the end gasses are not squeezed and burnt. This set up is prone to carbon build up and stinky exhaust ( even with modified timing advance ) - not detonation. --

Nitrous engines really like loose comb. chambers -- don't they?
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Retard the intake cam and see what you get ??
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                  X