Bucket Headlight on GSXR Front End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket Headlight on GSXR Front End

Im looking to add an 9" headlight on a 89 GSXR front end that has been fitted on my gs1150.
    the tubes are slightly larger than the stock GS fork tubes, so the flaps do not fit.

do i need to make these? or is there a parts option?
    thanks-kk

You can get generic ones in 41mm on Ebay....

I had some made. Posplayr cut & added a little bit of steel into the stock ones from memory
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I made a set from an old stop sign some guys gave me at a welding shop. I used the pinch bolts on the triples to bolt them up. I'll see if I can find a close up of them that a guy from one of the rallies had taken.

Comment

This is the best I could do, I couldn't find the close up that was taken. This was before I bolted on a newer fork.

Comment

Great! Ill see what the options are online, and make something up if needed.
          Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

Heres what I did. I will eventyally take them off and cut up some better ones but I just wanted to get a light on o\it so I could get it on the street.

Comment

ok, so I have some 1100 ears that ill modify to mount to the 41mm tubes on the gsxr front end.
              any options for the overall 9" round headlight? I see one or two now and again that are in the 150-200$ range for the light and bucket. there doesnt seem to be much out there for this size lamp....can i take the lamp from the fairing model and buy a bucket and some trim to marry them together?

Comment

Originally posted by kkernahan View Post
                ok, so I have some 1100 ears that ill modify to mount to the 41mm tubes on the gsxr front end.
                any options for the overall 9" round headlight? I see one or two now and again that are in the 150-200$ range for the light and bucket. there doesnt seem to be much out there for this size lamp....can i take the lamp from the fairing model and buy a bucket and some trim to marry them together?
                The lens assembly for the ES is different than the E. I have an extra lens that has like a BB hole in it that I filled with silicon. It doesn't have any effect on the beam. If you can find a bucket you can have the lens for shipping cost.

Comment

Billy, thanks. Ill see what I can find and get back to you. I assume ill need some trim as well? Cant seem to find a fiche for the E headlight assembly....

Comment

You will need the chrome trim ring too. You see the buckets on Ebay from time to time fairly cheap. Take your time and don't get raped on it. The lens won't be going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X