gs400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs400

Hi, i just bought a carb sync tool. Where do I find info on how to sync my carbs with it? Not sure where to hook the darn thing up to.
    Thanks,
    Woody

On the carb to head intake boot there will be a small philips head screw. remove this screw and screw in the appropriate size "barb" that came with the kit (plastic screw device).

If the kit didn't come with barbs you can get them from our pals at Z1 Enterprises. Actually their barbs are better because they are metal. The plastic ones tend to lose their threads very quickly.

As to synching the carbs there should be info in the archives and I believe ther is a tutorial on Cliff's fabulous website.

Not hard. There is a screw and lock nut on the linkage between the carbs. Loosen off the locknut and screw in or out until the two carbs become balanced (i.e. the mercury or rods raise to the same level when the bike is allowed to idle).Holding the screw in position tighten down the locknut. There is a tool that makes this very easy as it combines the screw driver with a bit sized for the nut. The supplier should have them or Z1 again.

Hope this helps.
    Spyug
    Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

carb sync

Thank you so much. I love this site!

Comment

Working...
      X