GS1085 gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1085 gearing

my Gs1085s is currently running 16/42 instead of stock 15/42 but it has a 130/90/17 rear wheel fitted ,stock S model has 18ins wheel in it.....
    it pulls this gearing easerly even two up on a motorway it allways seem to want another gear...
    so I have purchesed a 41tooth rear sprox and 16t front sprox anybody got any idea want the potential topspeed would be or will be to much...

1 tooth down on the rear wont make that much difference whereas 1 tooth up on the front would make a lot of difference
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      1 tooth down on the rear wont make that much difference whereas 1 tooth up on the front would make a lot of difference
      Yes m8..
      but can you fit 17t front sprox with a 630 chain,wondering about clearance probs....

Comment

you never mentioned what size chain you are running. either way a larger front sprocket should not have to much effect on clearance
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Might be tight Steve - I can't picture it so you're going to have to measure your 16 and work it out - piD and all that.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Might be tight Steve - I can't picture it so you're going to have to measure your 16 and work it out - piD and all that.
            I thought it might be tight like the gear leaver shaft, but me memory aint wot it used to be ?...

Comment

Working...
            X