Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

katana forks, interchangeable?

Hi folks!

I've got a GS650G Katana, 1982 model.. My front fork is broken, so i'm going to change it.. I can only find forks from GS650GL, GS650E, GS650GX.. They look pretty much the same on pictures, except for the anti-dive cartridge..

Anyone know if I can use these forks on this bike?? Are they interchangeable??

Sincerely Terje, Norway

Off the top of my head I would say yes. Measure the diameter at the triple trees and the overall length to be sure. The anti/dive is not a big thing as it doesn't work all that well anyway. Most guys remove them and block them off with a plate.

In my experience, most forks for the 450 to 750 bikes are pretty much the same so you might find something from a 750 that would work. As an example I have forks from a 750 that are going on my 550 they slip right in to place.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,
    Spyug

PS Hopefully someone with a 650 will soon give you dimensions so you can check against yours.

Comment

Originally posted by jordraatt View Post
      Hi folks!

I've got a GS650G Katana, 1982 model.. My front fork is broken, so i'm going to change it.. I can only find forks from GS650GL, GS650E, GS650GX.. They look pretty much the same on pictures, except for the anti-dive cartridge..

Anyone know if I can use these forks on this bike?? Are they interchangeable??

Sincerely Terje, Norway
      The L had a leading front axle to go with its midget gas tank and other nonsense.Some had two discs, some didn't. If you take some measurements, I'll compare them to my 81 650L with single front disc.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thank you very much guys!

nicely done of you "tom203", but the L forks are sold out.. so what's left now is the E fork.. on picture it looks exactly the same as my katana fork, except for the anti-dive.. and "spyug", when you're saying that the forks are pretty much the same from 450 to 750, the chances are pretty good it will fit my 650.. so i'll take the chance and order fork from a 650E

Comment

Working...
        X