Dyna options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna options

Other than a slightly hotter spark from the grey coils that come with the set what does a Dyna 2000 give me that a Dyna S doesn't on a stock bike?

I know that the advance becomes electronic & I can alter it to several stock curves or even program my own but will I really see any benefit given the only other mods are PODs, Pipe & Jet Kit?

This year I believe I need to do the relay mod. I switched ignition switches & the new one has more resistance so I lost some volts... Just wondering if I go the whole way & put take out the S & put in the 2000 kit whilst I'm there....

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

I just did the relay mod, now my bike starts easy and has a better idle. It's worth doing if you have problems. But as far as the S and 2000 I have no experience but plan to do one of them options in the future. So if anyone with experience can throw some info on the fire....
    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised none of the members who do big road mileages have expressed an opinion here....I myself don't have an answer for you as most of my work is track oriented hence I can set up whichever Dyna the customer wants to use to suit a consistent fuel.
      Pretty much the same question has been asked recently on another - non Suzuki - forum. One respondent said he was switching between advance curves depending on where he got his fuel and how the bike ran (big 2V)
      Admittedly he is in Australia but these probelms of varying fuel quality are becoming more common worldwide.

Surely someone has experience they'll share.

Comment

The only real benefit you might see is the rev limiter. If you have a race bike and a dyno the different advance curves might be nice, otherwise tossing money down the well.

Comment

I have both already so I guess I lose the opportunity to sell the 2000 is all...

The other benefit is I get to fit a set of brand new coils that came with it....
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
          X