gs750 Offset Sprocket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 Offset Sprocket???

I'm hacking up the old '78 GS750 ('83 Katana Forks, TX650 Alloy Front Rim, GS1100 aluminum s-Arm, hacksawed rear frame rails, Solo Seat, etc) and I'd like to go a little wider in the rear...

I've already laced up an Akront 18"x3.5" alloy rim to a KZ1000 rear hub (disc model - Same axle OD as the Suzi) and I have a vintage offset torque link. I can fabricate a spacer plate for the rear sprocket, but I have yet to locate the last piece of the puzzle - an offset sprocket for a GS750.

I've seen offset sprockets for GS1000/1100 (and KZ/Z1) - But none for the little brother 750. Does anyone know of a source OR does anyone know if 1000/1100 and 750 engine sprockets have the same spline? I'm not doing a radical drag race thing, but a 5/8" offset would definitely help!

Thanks,
    Pete

Outputs are the same.
    Dink

Comment

5/8" is a lot of off set. I do not know if it will work I have heard that you can use a sprocket from the old Kaw of the same vintage for 3/8 off set, that with some shims??

Comment

email phil@moto-heaven.com, he can find out anything about sprockets and chains!

Comment

Phil is a great guy, he cut my last chain for free and swapped the rivet link for a clip link on my request. I'll vouch for his speedy delivery and email replies too.

Steve

Comment

Hey, I met Phil via ebay and have only good things to say about him. It's neat that others on this site have dealt with him as well. He did very well to get me my somewhat difficult to find 520 vfr sprockets. he knows his stuff and is extremely helpfull

Comment

Working...
            X