1980 GS1100E stock piston question :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1100E stock piston question :-)

I was just on the Wiseco website checking out pistons for my 1980 GS1100E. If I ever need to do a slight rebore, what would be the next step up in piston size?

On the website it shows a set of pistons for 1166cc engine (which I believe is mine, stock)...the next one listed is for 1197cc engine. Is this the next size up after a rebore?

To see what I'm looking at, click on the link...and go to page 13

wiseco makes 1134cc and 1166cc. Both kits will fit in stock block with only reboring of the sleeves required. Here is an 1134 on ebay. Not me selling it I just came across it.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15
      wiseco makes 1134cc and 1166cc. Both kits will fit in stock block with only reboring of the sleeves required. Here is an 1134 on ebay. Not me selling it I just came across it.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2467412673
      Ryan,

I'm confused (not unusual..LOL): aren't the 1134cc pistons "smaller" than what is already on my mike? I believe my bike is 1166cc's....or am I way off base here...

Comment

Rudi,
        You're off base.
        It's actually 1066cc.
        The 1000 motor is actually 996cc.

My motor was bored 20 thousands, so I went up 2 sizes over stock.
        I got mine thru Orient Express in NY.
        Also got stainless steel valves from them. They don't wear as hard on the valce seats and allow better air flow.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

stock 1100 is 72mm. 1134 is 74mm. 1166 is 75mm. Anything bigger needs new sleeves and the crank case needs bored.

Comment

Rudi your stock engine size is 1074 cc, I just checked my biike, it's on the cylinder block on the left side way on the bottom. By the way my registration papers also show the number of cc's my bike has, doesn't yours?

Comment

Working...
            X