what jet kit should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what jet kit should i get?

What are my options on a jet kit? Bike is a 1982 gs750t (22k) With stock airbox with k&n type of filter and a 4 into 1 header/megaphone with a baffle (unknown who made the pipe). Im at high altitude (denver) if that makes a difference and right now the bike noticably has flat spots and breaks up pretty bad between 7 and 9.5 k, especially at higher speeds. Thanx.

Before springing for a jet kit, I'd first try richening up your fuel/air screws a turn or so and going at least a size or two bigger on the main jets. Fairly inexpensive experiment anyway. Just remember how many turns out the mixture screws were when you started so you can go back to square one if this dosen't work.

Comment

At your high altitude it could be running rich, Denver the Mile High Country You loose air and compression What happens if you turn the choke on a little?? If it makes it worst it is too rich

Comment

ill try the choke thing first but after that, how do i access the air fuel screws?

Comment

They SHOULD be on top of each carb on the cylinder head side of the carb bodies. They will probably have a small plug over each one which can easily be removed by gently useing a small drill bit to get them started and they should come out pretty easily, mine did. If you do adjust them, Run each screw IN until it LIGHTLY seats counting the turns as you go. I scribed a small index mark on the lip of each hole to help me index them correctly. Write thes settings down and keep them so you can always go back to stock settings if need be. It's always nice to know where you've been before going somewhere else. Take it easy and slow.

Comment

before i start drilling just wanted to make sure im doing the right thing. The plugs are on the top of the carbs on the engine side and are just those small metal looking round things with a tiny hole in them? Are these actual air/fuel screws or is it an air bleed?

Comment

Originally posted by thejared
              before i start drilling just wanted to make sure im doing the right thing. The plugs are on the top of the carbs on the engine side and are just those small metal looking round things with a tiny hole in them? Are these actual air/fuel screws or is it an air bleed?

Yep, those are the mixture plugs.

Comment

Working...
              X