cable length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cable length

Anyone know where I can find shorter cables(throttle, brakes, etc..)for my GS 1000L? I put on clip ons and now the cables are so long. Anythoughts would be helpful. Im a total newbie at this as I haven't touched the bike in a year or so and getting beack into it. thanks in advance

From my research, it seems G cables are shorter. Also Katana cables are mentioned. I'm trying to sort out the same issues.

Comment

The G cables are indeed a few inches shorter, but still too long for clip-ons. On the 'fiche, the '80 1000S (Cooley) bars look lower than the G, and the hookup at the bottom still looks correct. The '82 1000S (Katana) has clip-ons, and does look like it will work at the bottom end.

Creative routing can hide some extra length. Route around the far side of the steering stem, or route the clutch cable outside of carb #1 instead of between #1 and 2.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

With supersport bars on my '79 1000 I used the stock cables for the '79 GS1000S. What year? What carbs? If it has CV carbs, cables from the '80 GS1000S would probably work. For reference I think they are about 4 1/2 inches shorter than the stock cables for the "E" model.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
        X