GS650G poor man's rearsets.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650G poor man's rearsets.....

Did a quick experiment while I try to fab up something with some more modern rearsets off a newer sportbike. Works ok other than getting used to GP style shifting!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2013, 09:18 PM.

Now that gave me a laugh! What did you do for the brake? On rides that are over 100 miles on the freeway I ride with my feet on the passange pegs. When you work it out completely let me know.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      Now that gave me a laugh! What did you do for the brake? On rides that are over 100 miles on the freeway I ride with my feet on the passange pegs. When you work it out completely let me know.

cg
      Nothing yet. Just seeing if I can use the existing bracket and possibly existing holes to mount the sportbike rearsets. So right now I just moved the passenger pegs to see how they feel in that spot.

Comment

WOOOHHH!!! Someone else with a 650G looking for some rearsets
        I am looking at just milling a few holes into the existing bracket as well, or just scaring up some 1/4" aluminum for a bracket that is around the shop somewhere. There are a number of rearsets in the parts room I can rifle through if you like When I get the right measurements for the rod/bracket I'll be sure to let ya know!

Comment

Yep. I used an existing hole. Works for me. Parts are from a Yamaha of some sort. Plus some stuff from the hardware store.

Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Brake side done. Ugly but works.

Comment

Working...
            X