Which pipe '82 GS1100GZ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pipe '82 GS1100GZ ?

I've had a Vance & Hines 4-1 on it for literally decades, and it's rusting after 31K or so miles .

I did not have to rejet with this pipe, and it runs fine ( other than being cold blooded for 2 miles ).

I THINK the V&H model # is 12001.

The only 4-1 pipes available seem to be V&H and Mac.

Should I consider Mac ? If so, why ?

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

I also have a 82 GS1100GZ in the middle of rebuilding the transmisson right now,Ibought a v/h 4 into 1 for it had to work on mount to fit it to the bike no big deal.Ialso have a 81 XS1100S and got a Mac 4 into 1 the only pipes you can get for it,very cheaply made made. Pipes are thin where they mount to head at exhaust port, still thinking about them wish I had not got them. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-20-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Looks like V&H, then

Thanks for your observations about Mac. I guess I will put another V&H pipe on. BTW, I probably had the same minor problem mounting the muffler to the bike.

Comment

FYI, I fitted a v&h 4-1 from an `82 1100E onto my 82 1100G. Only modification was cutting off and rewelding the mounting tab for the muffler. The header bolted up perfectly to the head and I'm pretty sure I will have room to remove the oil filter when the time comes.
        As far as ground clearance, I used to scrape my stock pipes on a certain turn/dip going to work. Since installing the header I haven't had the pipes touch the ground yet.

Comment

Working...
        X