BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Mistaken post...don't know what happened there.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Yeah baby!
      Wish you didn't live on the other side of the world man, I want to ride with you when you get this beast done

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
        Yeah baby!
        Wish you didn't live on the other side of the world man, I want to ride with you when you get this beast done
        Oh come on, he's not that far away. ROAD TRIP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
          Originally posted by Hoomgar
          Yeah baby!
          Oh come on, he's not that far away. ROAD TRIP!!!
          Well Luke, he is far enough that I could ride to your place and back to my place again in less time than it would take to fly out to him 8O

Not really But it is far. He is well north-west of Washington state.

Comment

He is well north-west of Washington state.
            Depends on how you define Washington state. Vancouver is a bit north of the border (only a few miles, though) and it can't be west of the state, because that is the Pacific ocean...

If you are doing a trip, you'd better let me and some of the other GSer's know and we could all get together somewhere in the Rockies for some riding and BS'ing.

Mark

Comment

OK BOYS,

Got my clutch cover back today. I had dude machine and tap me a hole for my oil sight glass. This is an M16x1.5 threaded sight glass. JWwinco's web site is http://www.jwwinco.com/products/section12/

The cover is a RBD quick access cover and can be bought at Schnitz "Racing. tell them rob from canada sent you.

Have a look.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Your cover looks good Rob, I like the oil sight glass you are using! I was going to use a new Suzuki sight glass, but I think I like the idea of one that screws in instead of the press fit Suzuki style.
                I have been using the same cover on my drag-Kat for about 3 years now. I haven't got around to putting an oil sight glass in it yet, I plan on doing that soon. For now I just tapped for an oil level check bolt.
                I originally got my cover direct from RBD in Australia. They even offered to do it for me in Magnesium for another $100. But as cool as that would have been, aluminum was just fine.

Comment

here she is all done....ahahahahhah

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

You wish!

Comment

That clutch cover kit seems a bit pricey? Why so much?
                      It seems to me that it is over by about 200 dollars.

Comment

what is it you are trying to say Hoomgar????

I'm not fiscally responsible?? I spend too much money???

APE WANTS 265.00 WITHOUT A FILLER CAP.. I asked them to match the other prices but they would not so I sent it back and bought from Schnitz who sent it ups and ended up costing me 50.00 more than APE anyway...aahahahahahah have to laugh at that one.

Star Racing sells them for 225.00 I think. but now sure if they are 2nd Gen or not.

I am just on my way out now to the powder coaters to drop off the cover. My clutch is being shipped back today so they should arrive about the same time.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Katman, is that U.S. prices for the clutch cover??

Comment

yes, it is U.S.DOLLARS.
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                              what is it you are trying to say Hoomgar????

I'm not fiscally responsible?? I spend too much money???
                              No no no no no not at all. What I am saying is I am so cheap I squeak and in order for me to purchase said cover I would need either:

A. It to come down in price about 200 USD

Or

B. to make money like Bill Gates.

That?s all

Now let me really show my ignorance. Why is that cover better than the stock one?
                              It appears to just be another cover to my untrained eye. Is it the easy removal feature of it that makes it desirable?

Comment

If you ever buy a lockup for the road or track and plan on doing a little tuning, it's worth every penny as compared to just using the spacer and what's involved removing it.

For drag racing I'm glad I got one.
                                1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                                X