BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job Rob !!!

How much to do mine 8O I'm closer to Mexico than Canada so I can send you a few thousand pesos.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

come on katman whats another $1240..... UPDATE 40% OFF CLEARANCE NOW ONLY $690 :twisted:

get rid of those outdated carbs....

or for a mere $3200 you get a complete efi kit complete with electric fuel pump.

it's x-mas time one can wish.

i fogot there are lots of other performance things out there for bikes under midget/dwarf car racing.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki
        OMG! 8O
        rob, the bike looks fantastic!
        very very nice,
        i would stick with a sleeper paint job.
        the bike is so well engineered it should look like a classic
        SLEEPER!!!! Can I really get away with that now?
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

From the 75M4/EL info:
          EFI set-up available for engines running up to 8000 rpm.
          Sort of limits its use, but looks cool.

I thought about trying Redline's EFI. Good to over 20,000. Just hard to swallow the price.

Comment

Nice bit of kit...

BUT...since I won't be pulling 10 negitive G's I think I will be ok with the dinasaurs....
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I think I have found a swingarm..I know I was getting the braced one but that didn't work out so now I am looking at a 1200 bandit arm. It fits inside the frame with no trimming. Infact it is a couple of washers smaller than the gs swingarm.
              I am just checking now into whether is will fit between my peg stays...if yes I have found what I need and I will weld up some shock mounts and a lower brace.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I have a really cool idea on how to make a really neat throttle body. I have a standing offer for free 19# injectors... And fuel rail is about a dollar an inch. Pick up the fuel pump out of a EFI car... mod the fuel tank a little....

My biggest worry would be the electrical system being able to keep up with the draw of an EFI system.

As for the throttle body idea. Plastic... Single horizontal slide instead of four vertical slides, or rotating vanes like the example manifolds. You would need "leak" screws to ballance the idle. The horizontal slide would have four holes in it to cover the four intake runners. Engine vaccum would ensure a decent seal. And being round holes on round holes the throttle responce should be wonderfully linear. (versus vanes which change flow sharply off idle, and I think it would be even better than flat bottom slides...)
                You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
                If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
                1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
                1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
                1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
                1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
                1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

I have discovered a bandit 600 swingarm fits a gs750/1100 frame. it is a hair narrower at the pivot point but a couple of washers and it fits great. It also fits between the peg stays so no need to cut them off and put on rearsets.

the swing bearings are a larger ID but the OD is the same as the gs so you can swap them and the inner spacer and use the stock pivot bolt. That and weld on some shock mounts.

I think that will work better than the gsxr mod cause no grinding.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I am hoping that the bandit 1200 swing is the same dimensions should be...almost exact number on bikebandit.com. the axle adjuster is diff so I am hoping that is the only diff.

If so, I have found a nice replacement for my stock swing.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

What will you gain from it Rob? Is it longer, shorter? I guess what I am looking for is what makes it better? Is it wider?

I ask because I was looking at those swingarms your selling as a possible way to put a wider tire on the back on mine. But I am just afraid of making it handle worse instead of better.

Plus if I do that then I will want to change the front for sure to match.

Comment

It could be that the Bandit 600 swingarm is made of steel, that is what I have in the back of my mind anyway...

Hoomgar you can use a stock GS1100 swingarm, it will fit upto a 180 tire and fits with no problems I have read.

Comment

yeah homie i have fitted a 1100 aluminum swing on my 78 frame no problem fits like a glove, you may have to bend the rear passanges peg brackets out a little bit so the swing arm doen't rub as it moves but thats about it.

-ryan
                          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                          82 Kat 1000 Project
                          05 CRF450x
                          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Hoomgar,

I am looking at the bandit arm because it fits inside the pivot point unlike the gsxr arms that are 4mm too wide. You have to take down the pivot bosses on each side of your frame to get them in.

On another note a stock gs1100 swingarm will fit a 5.5 with a 180 tire and yes you need to change the front wheel as welll which will mean changing your front end too.

So, all that said I want to change the swing for two reasons

1. to mount newer shocks to it at a wider distance to clear my chain and I can raise the rear end to where I want depending on where I put the shock mounts.

2. bigger, boxed arm makes it easier to put a brace on.
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I figured that was it. It's something I would like to think more about someday but I am sufficiently obligated right now trying to get done what I've set out to do already.

Thx for the info

Comment

Katman, you were saying the 600 Bandit arm fits, have you figured out yet if the Bandit-12 arm will fit? If the dimensions at the pivot area are similar? The 1200 Bandit arm would be nice as it is aluminum vs steel for the 600.

Comment

Working...
                                X