BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeahhhhh baby,

IT'S IN the future. I have a nice motor sitting here that is crying out to me.....but I must be strong....aaahhhhahahahahaahah
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Here is a pic of what I am doing for the bushing down of the bandit swingarm.

Picture is curtacy of a fellow kat freak in the uk who had the idea which is far better than mine.

I re-measured the pivot and it came to 226mm from end to end not the 225 I had originally stated.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

the arm is in...

the inside busings I had made work perfect with a 3mm collar which brings total pivot length to 226mm. There were some minor mods needed for clearance but much easier than I expected.

Just have to cut off the mono shock mount cause it hits the battery box, no biggie, and weld on some shock mounts and I am good to go. Then bracing and polish and it's done.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Use a sawalls much faster than a hacksaw plus you won't skin your knuckle's. I always wander why there is a K in nuckle.
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
            Use a sawalls much faster than a hacksaw plus you won't skin your knuckle's. I always wander why there is a K in nuckle.
            That's just the way some nucklehead spelled it....

Hap

Comment

I am going to use a cut off disc so I can burn a whole in the other side of my jacket......ahahahahhahahaha
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I have got the swingarm in the frame. I had the bushings made with a collar to match the stock ones and with the thickness needed to bring them to a perfect fit inside the frame. I thought it would be easier than using washers. I hated fitting the socker in and the caps falling off and you guys no the drill.

things are tight on the brake side but it fits nice. just need to weld on some shock mounts and good to go.

I will deal with the bracing later.

oh yeh, of course I had cut the chain (my new chain) for the stock swing and of course the bandit swing is longer so the chain is too short...ahahahahahah, gotta laugh. I cut it a week before I got this swingarm.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Doh! #-o

I am sure you can sell it like it is. Someone can use it somewhere.

Don't cut it again, because no matter how many times you cut it it is still going to be too short

Comment

Katman, are those bushings made of brass?

Comment

they are bronze
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

damn... I just read everypage over the last few hours of doing stuff around the house watching a show and reading, I am impressed.

I am like you, I love to tinker when it comes to bikes.

I have gotten the necessary components together and will be starting my own soon.

Matter-0-Fact I started it already and the front end is hung.
                        Waiting on my guage pod mount to return and I will have the front completed, less the brackets to hold the headlight assembly.

I got the arm here, I chose a different one from the bandit your using, will check the shaft size asap.

Great Looking Project, hopefully mine will be atleast 1/2 of the class yours is, when I am done.

Peace,
                        Ron

Comment

Saw the beast today....all together except for cam cover gasket. I had to run out and get one and take it to the shop so it would could be fired up tomorrow.

That's right...she sees fire tomorrow. Cams are all dialed in motor's all buttoned up. Bolts on the cover today, I take the key tomorrow and yeh haw...

PIC's to follow.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                            I take the key tomorrow and yeh haw...

PIC's to follow.
                            this has to be the best SOAP, ever!

will be back for more tomorrow!!!

Comment

Is it tommorrow yet? :twisted:

Comment

So, how did she breathe???
                                Currently bikeless
                                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                                X