• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S ALIVE.........
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Here is a pic of my pipe clearance....4.5 inches.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

OK, here we go.

She sounds fantastic. That pipe is killer and the the sound of the flatslides are something else. (These are my first pair)

ran it through 2 heat cycles today and had some shake down issues. coil wire had come off and it was only running on 2 cylenders. fixed that easy enough.

Oil leak from the fitting (old one) on the top end oiler distribution block...fixed that.

Chain is tickling the frame...not a biggie

The fat washer behind the inner clutch hat was hanging up on the basket so had to shim it .020 but now the clutch is dragging a bit. Will look further into that.

I don't have the bandit swing on it yet...it will be a short while for that I wanted to get it on the road.

found another small oil leak in front but haven't determined it source....I hate leaks.

I am hoping to take it out tomorrow (weather permitting)
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

8O

Looks great man, can't wait to hear a ride report :twisted:

Frontend looks Great

keep the pics comming, and get some ones outside when weather permits

Comment

sweet machine- those Kat's really look good with modern wheels. Keep the photos coming, Ed.
              1983 GS750ED

Comment

Day 2 of shake down........

here I sit in a pool of oil........

I bought a used oil cooler off of a dude on this site and it is leaking like a screen door....that was a hundred bucks well spent.

my chain is only tickling the frame on the low side and against some protuding welds...easy fix.

The other problem is my sv1000 throttle that I had lengthened has broke twice. Guess I will need to find some cables long enough or use a different throttle with long enough cables.. I really like the seperate switch and throttle though.

on the othrer side I got plates today and had it out for a heat cycle and I can't wait to really twist the wick...sounds absolutely dangerous. I have to wait till tuesday now for cables..what a drag.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

:?

Spit happens, but glad your keeping Positive about it.

Where is the cooler leaking from?

I am not necessarilly looking to get rid of my spare Oil Cooler I have (for my GS1100 oil cooler project), but if your really needing one, we can make a deal.

Peace,
                  Ron

Comment

Hey Rob it looks fantistic

Once you get those minor bugs worked out I guess we should start calling you the Katana Wheelie King.

I bet you can't go to WOT until fourth :twisted: better be on the lookout for a set of bars
                    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

can you use some por 51 gas tank sealer to seal the oil cooler? if not jc whitney has some pretty nice coolers for like 50 bucks, there is a thread on here that has a link to jc whitney coolers.

the bike looks absulutly spectacular, hopefully we can ride together someday.

-ryan
                      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                      82 Kat 1000 Project
                      05 CRF450x
                      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

very very nice! 8)

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQDrAqAXoqcMQcYg1He4ilE8jAKJQkyvwbQD*biopRZkY4Ojn nQe2nAmY0Tk2beqZr9vZJUS2!ZO*5C*ioKhhmuvHayFgLKMbYo !z35xcgFcjt9MJ5kVdQ/zzzz83c102.jpg[/img]

Comment

I am happy with the few issues on this MAJOR build. After all little is original on this puppy.

It looks, sounds and feels like a killer. It is hard to keep her rained back.....when she wants ot giddy up.

Here is a pic of my oil cooler. it is an Earl's 11.5" I think. Anyway it fits perfectly into the space between the fairing cowls.

I will try and buy one tomorrow or remove it for now. I hope buddy I bought it from recognizes the cooler and sends me back my money. What a long shot that is.

and as for my throttle cable problem, wouldn't you know it..I just sent my other push pull throttle to a buddy.

Here is the original pic buddy sent me. I can't believe someone would intentionally sell a leaky cooler. Except on Ebay. It was well cared for when I got it and well packed when shipped sooooo, what is left. Sudden failure? I guess.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Can I be TRUSTED??????

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Eh, it looks OK katman. It would look a lot better if I got to ride it
                              Or at a minimum got to ride with it

Lookin sharp buddy. Can't wait to hear it. Can you record a sound byte of it?

Comment

You might try a local radiator repair shop. Any good shop should be able to fix your cooler.

Hey, it's worth a couple of phone calls!

Comment

Working...
                                X