No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had her up to 200kph (125mph) today runs real good at top end but still a bobble between 45k and 8k. 8 to 10k pulls like a .......yeh.

running 125 mains -2 on the needle. I will be talking to a Mikuni "expert" tomorrow to sort out the bobble.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Try the 130 mains katman. That's what were starting with for the 33s and I can only imagine that your larger bore will want at least as much fuel.

Comment

tried the 130's and performance dipped..
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
          tried the 130's and performance dipped..

ewww, well and we are talking about 2 and 4 valve engines here. Your's is a 4 valave so from my understanding the jetting it way different.

Comment

TALKED to mikuni today and they are sending me a bag of jets and needles. I found the number on the needle jet is wrong for the bike. I don't remember if I mentioned ti but the floats were way out too but I fixed that.
            They told me if I couldn't get it sorted out with the parts they will pay shipping to get the carbs and they will go through them flow them to check speck and send them back....

Not bad customer service......
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Wow, Thats excellent customer service!!!!

Comment

Which carbs was that for Rob? The flatsides or the smoothies?

smoothies
                smoothies
                smoothies

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar

smoothies
                  smoothies
                  smoothies
                  RS FLATSLIDES hoomie. Hey don't you know a guy looking for smoothies?
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar

smoothies
                    smoothies
                    smoothies
                    RS FLATSLIDES hoomie. Hey don't you know a guy looking for smoothies?
                    Yes I do
                    I know two guys in fact. But the one I think has found a pair I hooked him up with if they can work out a deal. You still have a set to part with?

Comment

yes I may........
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I still ahve the stock carbs on my project. I plan on using them until I get the other bugs worked out. What would you guys suggest for a replacement, flatslides or smoothies?

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
                          I still ahve the stock carbs on my project. I plan on using them until I get the other bugs worked out. What would you guys suggest for a replacement, flatslides or smoothies?
                          Boy...Swanny, You have come in in the middle of something now...

I should have an answer for you in a week or two...I have run the smoothbore 33 mikuni's and they are real fast and now I am working with mikuni to sort out a jetting issue with the flatslides. when that is done and they are running properly I can give you a reasonable assessment of the two carbs....
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
                            Boy...Swanny, You have come in in the middle of something now...

I should have an answer for you in a week or two...I have run the smoothbore 33 mikuni's and they are real fast and now I am working with mikuni to sort out a jetting issue with the flatslides. when that is done and they are running properly I can give you a reasonable assessment of the two carbs....
                            Fair enough.

Comment

It's going to be the smoothies Steve. Just make him an offer now becasuse when he finds out those smoothies work better than the flatsides you'll have your answer but he wont have a pair for sale anymore :twisted:

I am just poking around here, I really don't know which is better

Comment

flatslides vs smoothbores

The flatslides are a newer design and in my opinion are a little more forgiving when it comes to jetting. Both are very good when set up correctly and you probably would see little difference between the two. The flatslides are a little more responsive but are prone to vacume sticking so they have very stiff return springs which is especially noticable with quick turn throttles. The springs can be adjusted for less tension. I currently have flatslides and am happy with them and have never experienced a vacume sticking issue. Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X