BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katman rocks

Hi after talking to you on the horn today and seing your project I can't wait to go out and see you and your project
    looks really neat
    Did I mention I went to BCIT for automotive refinishing ie painter.
    We can talk tuesday night (if I get the family van).
    Mike

Comment

oh guys 8O i've found the dyno slip : corrected hp and torque: 98.6 rwhp and 72.4 ft/lbs that is with stock motor (likne new pisotns an block) and Dyna 2K iginition (advanced quite a bit) also top speed was only 134mph on the dyno but then the back was too high and also the sprockets were 17 front and 45 rear that is 530 chain ! And my 2002 750 speedo was accurate within 3 mph

not very impressive numbers but im shooting for 135bhp after the mods and some 25 more lbs less (without the rider of course and dry weight)

also the air fuel ratio with stock jetted carbs was almost perfect (around 14.4 throughout the band in 5th)

any Q's ....i got the slip to prove it and for the drag run

Comment

I tried on the top end oiler and checked the s/s bolt kit on the motor to make sure everything was there. It was a nice surprise to see the oil take off has the oil pressure sensor and a oil temp sensor.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Well the front end is coming together. Here is an idea of what the finished product will look like. I spent some time on the axle and lower legs. I may go black with the wheels though?????

Don't know if all the diff. blues are working together....suggestions are welcome.

Hey Archie, if you check in..your 1100E looks great and you should post a pic for all of us to enjoy? if you don't have the techn. I have one and will post it for you if you like. My front end sure looks kool on your bike. hehe

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Motor goes in tomorrow for complete rebuild and powder coat...again.....

I salvaged 1166 pistons and barrels from the other motor. This one has Yosh stage II cams, welded barnett clutch and a Yosh welded crank. I should be able to get away with freshening up cams I hope and that's it.

The head is also going in for porting and multi angle or radius valve job. I saved the fresh cut valves from other motor so should cut cost a little.

Trying to find a good welder for the frame next week so I can get that done and it coated.

I am hoping things will come together in a major way in about three weeks?? Lots to do in the mean time. Find flatshides, offset sprocket fab, paint cosmetics, find oil cooler and some diff fittings for my top end oiler.

I am also looking for a small low pres. oil gauge?????very small for my dash. very hard to find..has to be digital.

I have a second inverted front end and wheels if anyone wants it.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
              I have a second inverted front end and wheels if anyone wants it.
              What frontend is this?

Comment

92 gsxr 750
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hi guys! Been lurking for a while.

morthrane, I don't want to step on you so if you want this front end from Katman I'll step off.

If not.....

Katman, what all is included in this GSXR 750 front end and how much do you need for it?

Comment

forks, triple, front wheel, rotors, brakes, lines, stablizer, axle, spacers, speedo drive, cable, rear wheel, hub, sprocket, rotor, brake, hanger, torque arm, clipons, clutch perch, left control, start/kill switch with double cable throttle.

sold
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

heh, I wish I could grab it, but I'm more or less tapped out from my latest round of maintanence and tire buying for the bikes.

Comment

frame came back today.... powder coat is next. cost me 85 bucks for the tig welding. I am quite happy with how it turned out.
                        It was a lot of filing and shaping to get the cross pieces tight with the frame surfaces but it was worth it.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I was messin around with photo shop and came up with this color scheem. I think it is the winner for me.

It is a little choppy looking but you get the idea.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

You go boyeeeee

That frame is going to be solid man.
                            And I like the paint idea.

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                              I was messin around with photo shop and came up with this color scheem. I think it is the winner for me.

It is a little choppy looking but you get the idea.

8O No!!

Comment

I like it And I am the guy that is always saying to go with stock paint schemes...

If I had to critique it I would say the blue in the strips is too bold. Needs toned down and softened a bit. But I like the part above it a lot.

All this from a guy who has never owned a Kat :P

Comment

Working...
                                X