No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the colors aren't quite true. the blue striping I am going to try and match the stock colored striping, and the top is going to be very close to stock dark blue.

this is my second tank and fairing for all you stockers out there. I have a set of stock colors toooooooo.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Hey Robin........

What's No about??? expand your thinking.....
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Well like I said Katman I like it despite my stock paint color ways and if your going to match up the blue stripe color with that of the bike I think it is going to look nice

I really would like to get a Kat someday but my 650 Turbo comes first. Once I have recollected that then I can get whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by katman
          Hey Robin........

What's No about??? expand your thinking.....
          Note, this is my personal opinion.

Yes you are right, I was in kind of a hurry when I posted that, had to get to school... I try to see a bike as a whole with a complete form and the Katana has a very nice one your stripes totally break up the nice flowing lines looking from the side. My bike is totally silver metallic and the only thing I would change is maybe a bit darker antracite color for everything if it has to be resprayed. I do like the different color on top of the tank that some of the later models have.

Comment

Just ordered a set of RS FLATSLIDES
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Just ordered a set of these..........

Ahh carbs! That's good, they make it run better. But from the looks of your avatar your going to need an engine to bolt them to 8O

Comment

Just ordered a set of these..........

Yummie, how big are they?

Comment

36mm.......

I have been advised that these carbs can easily choke an engine if you go too big and they won't work well so I went a little biggier than the stock 34's. These being mechanical with much better flow I didn't want to get much bigger.
                  here is the list of motor mods:
                  yosh stage II cams,
                  port/pollished head,
                  1166 kit,
                  slotted cam sprogs,
                  dyna S ignition/coils,
                  V&H megaphone pipe,
                  Pingle dual feed wallet drainer fuel valve
                  and a radius valve job.

I figure with this set up the 36's will work nicely. Don't want to over carberate....then I will have to go out and buy a 1498 block...lol

cheers,
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hi katman

I got a -82 gsx1100e streetfighter project with EFE wiseco 1428cc bigblock engine, and it needs a top end oiling kit.

Friend works in local machinery an could do a top end oiling kit for me, but i don?t know how is the oil pick-up unit like? You send a picture of it in this topic, but only top of it. Is it just a cower whitch feeds the "extra" oil to cams, or does it have a small pipe to block the oil flow to main oil gallery (the one which normally feed the oil through block to cylinder head) and now take all oil to head through braided lines?
                    Or if you have a picture "under" the unit, please send it here or me.

Big thanks
                    Lassi

Comment

This is the 5/8 offset kit your looking for right. I'ved seen a few of the 3 inch kits before for sale but never a 5/8 kits. It may be a while before one shows up but I'll keep looking.
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

yeh.....

That's the puppy there. I will prob. just go ahead and buy one. The dudes at PMFR said for a 5/8 on the street I don't need it? just the cog.

go figure. I told him my setup and he said the cog alone would do the job because I am using a cush and no slick.

Maybe you guys have other opinions?

Hey...I'm 200 today. happy postday to me.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

here's a pic of my cases splited for a little welding on the front motor mount.

The crank is not welded and the oem modified clutch looks good. Some of the gears in the transmission look to be back cut already and you can see the 5/8 offset sprocket too. Everything looks real good in there. The only problem I had was a hairline crack at the left front mount on the upper case cause from a few 7K dump the clutch, full throttle launches on the 2step, with the power going to the 7inch slick with wheelie bars. I feel the motor was being pulled backwards toward the rear tire do to the weak rear motor mount right infront of the battery.

So you should be just fine without the bearing support if you don't drag race that much like me

Comment

Originally posted by Late
                            Hi katman

Friend works in local machinery an could do a top end oiling kit for me, but i don?t know how is the oil pick-up unit like? You send a picture of it in this topic, but only top of it. Is it just a cower whitch feeds the "extra" oil to cams, or does it have a small pipe to block the oil flow to main oil gallery (the one which normally feed the oil through block to cylinder head) and now take all oil to head through braided lines?
                            Or if you have a picture "under" the unit, please send it here or me.

Big thanks
                            Lassi
                            I don't have it here...engine is in the shop being torn down. I will be able to get a pic for you next week. "WARD PERFORMANCE" puts one out that is just a "T" in the stock oil switch cover. have a look at the bottom of this page: http://www.orientexpress.com/newPDFs/TopEnd.pdf

If you go to the Ward website it shows a much nicer unit but the pic is old and they don't make that one anymore. I happened to get one though used. it is the one on this thread. Ward made it for the guy I bought it off. It has the oem gasket on the bottom which is nice.

check out this thread as well http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=14080

this is on this page ""new oil cooler adapter" Buddy makes a nice one too and maybe can help you.
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

So Jake,

are you saying you don't use a support plate? or atleast this engine didn't use one?
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Nope I sure don't use a bearing support. Right now I might be at the edge of parts failure due to the mods when drag racing. But if I started to run this bike on the street with a street tire, traction would be a huge problem and the out board kit would be my least worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X