pipe on gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pipe on gs1000

Hi I had a pipe on my old gs1000 and I'm curios what kind it was?
    The pipe was of the same diameter with a very smooth s bend on it.
    It had a slight upwards angle on it? Any ideas?
    This is just to satisfy my quriosity
    Mike

I have a V&H chrome megaphone. Check out my website if you like.
    Click the WWW symbol below.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

If it was older it may have been one of the early Kerkers they made for them.

I had one on mine when I got it. Here is a picture of it.

Or it could be a V&H like Keith said. There are many others but these two were the most popular.

Comment

I just changed a 15+ year old Kerker for a new Vance and Hines 4>1.

Does the muffler/baffle slide onto the collector or is there a strap around it?
        If there's a strap probably a Kerker, no strap may be a V&H.
        Where the exhaust comes out, is it just a big hole with preforated metal in it? Again Kerker, if a series of holes around the main hole, V&H.

If you can get a picture, we can tell more.

If you look under the GS garage at Keith's pictures, I have aclose up of a V&H pipe.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Could also be a winning performance pipe. They looked a lot like a kerker.

Comment

Same diameter throughout? Could be an old Yoshimura. Megaphone pipes are in steps with the baffle end the largest. Kerker,Winning, Alphabet are similar, where Vance&hines,RC engineering and the older Supertrapp's are similar with less pronounced steps.

Comment

HI yes it had the same diameter all along and the pipe was a one piece affair.The baffle was removable from the back.
              Thanx for the pics but I still don't recognize it.
              Mikey

Comment

Working...
              X