Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance and Hines

HI
    I'm looking at buying the Vance and Hines Street Megaphone (part no. 12001) for my 1982 GSX 1100EZ. Can anyone recommend these pipes as being any good for my bike. Also with these pipes fitted would i get access to my oil drain plug and filter. The headers i have at the moment need to be loosened up so as i can drop the pipes to change the filter.

Cheers

Richard

Originally posted by carvan40 View Post
    HI
    I'm looking at buying the Vance and Hines Street Megaphone (part no. 12001) for my 1982 GSX 1100EZ. Can anyone recommend these pipes as being any good for my bike. Also with these pipes fitted would i get access to my oil drain plug and filter. The headers i have at the moment need to be loosened up so as i can drop the pipes to change the filter.

Cheers

Richard
    I have on my mine and they a good. Nice sound. Not too too loud. You get to keep the centre stand and no problem changing the oil, filter or plug. You will have to rejet though. Do a search for that, Tons of info on it.
    No signature

Comment

Good pipes.
      Yes you can change your oil and filter.
      I'd go to a 47.5 pilot, a 117.5 main jet and remove the air box lid.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

What Bill said except a stage 3 jet kit with137.5 mains, sell the airbox to someone that can't tune carbs, & put a set of K&N or APE pods on it.
        Ray.
        Last edited by rapidray; 12-18-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I agree with all others. One thing I like about the pipe is they offer an optional competition (race) baffle for it that has an approx. 1/2 inch larger dia. outlet size and still isn't obnoxiously loud for the street. As far as jetting I have had good luck with removing the air filter housing completely and leaving the plenum still on which has the rubber velocity stacks inside it and attaching a large long oval K&N filter to it, along with a stage 3 Dynojet kit. Years back Ward Performance did some dyno pulls with that set up and I believe showed more HP with the CV carbs then when using the just the pods installed. I believe something to do with the combination of the rubber velocity stacks and the Constant Velocity carbs. Wish I could find that article to share got it somewhere and still looking. Part # for the competition baffle is 21260 for the megaphone.
          Last edited by gs11ezrydr; 12-20-2013, 06:36 AM.
          sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Here is a pic. of the competition baffle.
            sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Thanks for the replies . Iv'e decided that i'll get them they sound like they're pretty good pipes

Richard

Comment

Working...
              X