V&H Oil Restrictor jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V&H Oil Restrictor jet

I seen this Vance and Hines oil restrictor jet that installs in under the oil pressure switch cover in the upper crankcase below the cam chain tensioner for the gs1100's and 1150's that is supposed to increase oil pressure to the top end. Has any one ever used this or seen any thing like it. I have not and if so would it be recommended? It said for drag racing and street use. Also combined with high volume oil pump gears what kind of pressures might the result too much, pushing past seals, gaskets etc.
    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

It only restricts oil to the transmission/clutch area. You put it in the oil passage leading to the back of the motor. I have made them myself but only used them in drag bike engines. These were used before the top end oilers came out.

Comment

Do NOT use it!!! You have been warned! Ray.

Comment

I agree with Ray. I did years ago, and the trans bearings lasted 100 easy street miles. There are better solutions.
        G
        sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
        2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
        Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
        '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Do NOT use it!!! You have been warned! Ray.
          Thank You all. Most any time I hear that word restrictor something else is most likely to get starved.
          With bad results! I WON'T be installing it or recommend anyone else to install one if asked in the future. That's why I ask here on GSResources first.Thanks again to all I have learned a lot on here since finding this site.
          sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Working...
          X