Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aluminium passenger footpegs with rearsets - can you identify these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aluminium passenger footpegs with rearsets - can you identify these?

I was thinking of running rearsets, but was on the fence due to deleting the passenger footpegs (may need them once in a while), and also because if I layed the bike down and had a frame slider attached to the engine mounts on each side (like a road racing substitute for crash bars), the stock rigid footpegs will also take some of the force off of the bike and will withstand some serious force.

Watching this "zed" (Z1/KZ900) video, I noticed at 1:40 you get a real good glimpse of some fancy lightweight modern sport bike passenger footpegs. Anyone have any idea what bikes to find a good donor for this style from? Also wondered if I have a flat seat, if those things will even be useable with a 5'-6' adult passenger without having them so low that they interfere with the driver's legs?

Please go to my website here to watch the film with soundtrack because Youtube have muted it.; http://www.properbikes.co.uk/pages/proper-bikes-short-films Th...
    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
    '79 GS425stock
    PROJECTS:
    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
    '78 GS1000C/1100

Look very similar to 86-87 gsxr rears only polished
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Sod the rearsets, that's a beautiful machine.
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

why would you loose your passenger pegs just because you're putting rearsets on?
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
        X