How do you launch with bars ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you launch with bars ??

Hey guys, last night I was launching at 6 and 7K. When the last amber lite I just dumped the clutch lever and I was off an running with a best et of 6.61 and 60ft of 1.52 . Do you guys still slip the clutch alittle running bars or not.

Later this year i'll pickup a lockup but that's another ball of wax to play with.

Also is there any frame mods I should do with running a slick and bars?
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Jake I know we`ve discussed this and I`m sure you know they are more expensive. Get a slider...I promise you will not be sorry after you get it properly set. Then you can forget what rpm to hold it at or dumping that clutch. I know you have already went to a lot of trouble but see if you can find one of the swingarms that has the double dog leg where it bolts on the outside of the frame. The longer your bars the better off you are. You can run up to a 3 inch offset with this setup. The bearing support plate that ties the engine and frame together is far better. A raked frame is a big help drag racing. The lower your bike the better. I had mine set to barely pass the two inch minmum. My last turbo ran mid 4`s at 155mph in the 1/8 mile and it only dynoed in the 400HP range. For every tenth it cost several thousand dollars. Thats why I stopped and I finely took the fun out of for me. I can only imagine what a hayabusa will do with the same setup. The best way to save money is try and locate a already built bike. Not a home brew but something like a Kosman(my favorite) or trac dynamics.

Comment

Working...
    X