Question about exhaust systems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about exhaust systems....

Ok, I did some checking in past threads and I still have some questions. First off I have an 81 gs750e, I need to replace the exhaust. I was swaying towards the Mac 4into1, but it seems to have a bad name as far as performance and quality. I would really like to go with a newer sportbike canister exhaust, but the only one I have found that was designed for my bike is kerkers and runs almost 500 dollars. I remember reading that some one on this site had a GSXR system on his bike. Does anyone know if it is a bolt up or lots of fabrication needed??? Finally does any of the larger bore bikes exhaust fit my little 750, ie 1000, 1100, 1150????

thanks

Zak

I have a Yosh system built for air/oil GSXRs. It is tight up under the oil pan. I don't think it will work for you. '83 and up 700/750s were more compact than earlier models and had smaller port diameters. You could watch for an 1100 air/oil cooled system and ask the seller what the port diameter is the same. If it is then an 1100 system might work for you.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VADpAl0Xtqgw2s4HfTbxYA8Kulg1M*rxnefkIINzeUGAeGN87 4Ykvt27q7h7DXQj2oQasIBLdXavQVOpElqeNfkdaKtaEXkucdd oFrnmhL1C5S6tdhpqVkZUIGgh8H*r/2003_0531_085857AA.JPG?dc=4675424385710305797[/img]

Comment

Well this isn't really what you're looking for, but denniskirk.com has V&H chrome Megaphone systems for $284.99. Might be a good choice since pipes for bikes as old as ours are drying up fast.

Comment

Zak, the stock exhaust from a 81 1100 will bolt right up to your 750 with no mods. I put one on a 82 750 a couple of years back, and it's essentially the same bike.
        Doze.

Comment

Does anyone know if exhaust from say a 88-90 gxsr 1100 fit??? I wish.

Thanks

Zak

Comment

Go buy a single exhaust gasket for an 1100 and see how it fits the port. If it fits right the exhaust can be made to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Tate
              Well this isn't really what you're looking for, but denniskirk.com has V&H chrome Megaphone systems for $284.99. Might be a good choice since pipes for bikes as old as ours are drying up fast.
              I've got one of these on my 80' GS110E. It was on it when I bought the bike. I like it.

Comment

Working...
              X