Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

78 gs 750, with a 82 850 front end conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs 750, with a 82 850 front end conversion.

So I am attempting this conversion because of the advantages and looks of the dual slotted disks in the front instead of my solid. I would have Thought that the shocks would have just slid right in. But of course, They didnt. I would like to know 1st, Has anyone ever done a similar conversion? and What are the dimaters of each shock, I will bore the excess out of the triple trees once i know how much i need to.
    I guess i need to get a micrometer...

Yours is probably 35mm. Most GS units were either 35 or 37mm.

Comment

This isn't a bolt in. The steering stems are different: the 850 is larger in diameter. The 750 also uses different steering head bearings. If all you want is dual discs, look for a 78 or 79 750E front end and brake system.
      While you're at it, get a tapered roller bearing conversion kit. Dennis kirk & others sell 'em.

Comment

It will fit.. all i need to do is bore out the triptrees. Although. I looked at the forks agian and now i know why its a 125$ parts bike. The shoks are bent a good 3 degrees.... Tough luck.

Comment

Why not just bolt on the slotted discs? They fit on a GS750 wheel although you need to change the calipers to the 850 "square" pad type.

Comment

My '79 750 has round pads and dual disks?

Comment

All bike fork diameters good if you are looking for clip ons on fork sizes http://www.allbikeengineering.co.uk/abe/brakediscs.pdf Enjoy

Comment

The sloted disks are smaller in diamter, and width..

Comment

Working...
                X