Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick start w/ Rearset???

Whats up everybody?
    I've been looking into rearset options for my 1979 GS750. Long story short, my bike is kick start only. I took the starter out, and put my battery in its place. I'm wondering if there are any rearset options out there that will allow me to use my kicker.
    This is what Im looking at

Do you know of any better options?

The stock foot pegs are comfortable and all, but I don't really enjoy rubbing my feet on the ground during those hard corners.

I have to kick-start my RD400 and it's just a matter of folding the peg up out of the way to start it, and folding it back down after. Easy-Peasy!

Comment

An RD is a bit different then a GS though. Im wondering what sets will work for my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
        An RD is a bit different then a GS though. Im wondering what sets will work for my bike.
        sets which have a fold up footrest will work for your bike.

the rearsets in your link have a folding footrest so they should work ok
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
          The stock foot pegs are comfortable and all, but I don't really enjoy rubbing my feet on the ground during those hard corners.
          Where are you putting your feet on the pegs? Put the balls of your feet on the pegs and they won't touch, Your feet just move up when the pegs hit the pavement and fold up.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I have my feet up, but its still not a comforting feeling having my pegs move around under my feet.

Comment

Working...
            X