New Gs 1150 EF owner. Suggestions for mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gs 1150 EF owner. Suggestions for mods

I'm a new owner of the Gs 1150 EF, and I'm looking to start modifying it. I've heard k&n air pods, re jetting the carbs, and a 2 into 1 header and exhaust would be a good place to start but I'm not sure of the specifics. Any suggestions ?

I am wondering why you are in such a hurry to modify it. Would you not want to put a season or so into it and get a feel for it? That is one powerful bike as it sits. You may find you actually enjoy it as it is.

You may also find that it needs some TLC first. How is it running? Do carbs need cleaning and rebuilding? How does it start? Have valves been adjusted? How about brakes? Does it charge properly. I would sort all that out first to give you a base-line. Once you get a feel for how it works when running right then you can fiddle and can tell how your mods add or detract from stock performance.

You can waste a lot of time and money if your mods cause something to not work correctly or performance drops off. Take it in steps and don't be in such a hurry.

Put up some pics too. we'd like to see what you are working with.

Good luck and enjoy.

Comment

A 4 into 1 header would make more sense with the pods. Vance and Hines make a pipe for your bike. As far as engine mods, mentioned above your bike is a beast in its stock form. Depending on how and where you ride it, a change in your sprocket set up without doing anything else can improve your performance.

Comment

I have ridden it for one season already. It does run fairly well, although I believe the carbs need to be re jetted and synced, everything else works very well. It's in really good condition for an 84. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures of it. I'm just interested in seeing how much power I can get out of it. This isn't my only bike, and I mainly bought it as a project bike, to have some fun with.

Comment

1260-1400 CCs makes for a FUN motor! Doing suspension & brakes first is wiser!

Comment

How much money do you want to spend?

RS36 carbs
            Web cams .348
            Head porting
            1230cc Big bore kit
            4-1 V&H exhaust

Should net you a streetable 160 hp.

Comment

Working...
            X