1980 GS1000G Revs Between Shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loud et View Post
    One other "stupid" thing to check is that the sync screws/brackets (between each carb)are not hitting your intake boot clamps. One time I moved my intake boot clamps and they were binding on that part of the carb that moves when you twist the throttle.
    One of those dumb things to check.
    Not all that "dumb" or "stupid" at all, it is a point that is easily overlooked.

Another point to check for is where the clutch cable goes down between car s 1 and 2. There should be some sort of retention mechanism to hold the cable away from the throttle linkage. I have seen at least three different methods on various bikes:
    1. a short wire that is held by one of the boot mount bolts on #1 and has an open end that hooks behind the edge of boot #2.
    2. a loop of wire that attaches to the lower carb mount bolts on #1 and #2 carbs.
    3. a flat panel that attaches to the same two bolts as the loop in #2, but is a piece of flat sheet metal that protects the linkage.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X