No announcement yet.

Will GS450 tank fit GS750 frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This here is the bike I saw that I liked.

I'd put a front fender on it and probably a V&H exhaust.

Comment

That does actually look kinda groovy though it's not my cup of tea.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

On a related note, there is an '81 GS750L for sale near me dirt cheap. The claim is it only needs the leaking tank fixed or replaced, and can't be ridden before then. I have an '82 GS450T sitting in the garage with a full tank of gas, in a non-leaking tank. How hard would it be to take my tank over and fit it to test ride the GS750L?
        Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2016, 01:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Leftie View Post
          On a related note, there is an '81 GS750L for sale near me dirt cheap. The claim is it only needs the leaking tank fixed or replaced, and can't be ridden before then. I have an '82 GS450T sitting in the garage with a full tank of gas, in a non-leaking tank. How hard would it be to take my tank over and fit it to test ride the GS750L?
          If it's just ride up and down the street then take some 2" foam sheet for under the tank and some octopus straps and you'll be OK.
          Current:
          Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
          VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
          And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

"If it's just ride up and down the street then take some 2" foam sheet for under the tank and some octopus straps and you'll be OK"

Do you mean that the rubber donuts on the frame won't fit the holders on the tank (or vice versa - I haven't had a tank off in 20 years), or just that the rear mount won't match up?

Comment

Do you mean that the rubber donuts on the frame won't fit the holders on the tank (or vice versa - I haven't had a tank off in 20 years), or just that the rear mount won't match up?
              It's possible the front mounts will line up, but the rear certainly won't. Either way, just strap it on and ride it up the street
              Current:
              Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
              VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
              And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

750 L tank should be easy to find.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  750 L tank should be easy to find.
                  Not hard, no, but I don't want to buy the bike without riding or even starting it. Will a good but not new 450T battery crank over the 750 ok?

Comment

Working...
                  X